Genesis Junior -- Skyline Edition

DrewZ

TVWBB Fan
A few years ago, I had a spare Genesis lid lying around and decided to see if my angle grinder and I could cut it down to Junior size. We could.

XjYnF0ewyavjJbvxTEs1B4KLogAmfjEkK2tSIEBP03FomRTTlqhOPJ8m09joZpAZM0O9O537xU7fiH9eZcH0GpByrTEBcHuf1H2I5J7xlFgF5p32gDx0w8XlQ0sp4tcL_cHArkTT2Vs=w400

Two years ago, I picked up a trashed Skyline, parted out what I could and stored the lid away in my garage. Yesterday, we went to work on the Skyline lid. The cuts and folds are done. I need to finish drilling the mounting holes for the side piece, and potentially drill the holes for the Weber name plate. In the meantime, here's a preview of the ever-popular 3-burner Genesis Junior Skyline Edition.

ADCreHfB7XgviDVU9pMts4hJAiG3239xdCtEw1uAygRBz0J4_w6vCN3FD2os_TytZHo1eIcvhz0jxIZDVzoTsbYW8ZvsUrJWKeqfs9ugojFR94mRhoPbqDec=w800

ADCreHdRAN86PLL22wPZrrXhLrbi6aSU8Zzui4jefI6FuHge3-ahxz3Bawtx7uFjUYF-ikG4Iu2z-FLTVkfTPEEQ2JeSKIaRcwMlYWdghMzoy18U-2V0hVAU=w800

Cool :coolkettle: !

That’s a really unique idea. Workmanship beyond my skillset. I especially like the combination with the black durawood. I actually have had that same combination in mind for a “regular” Skyline project someday. I hope all goes well for your final finishing. Please do post more pictures.

That’s really cool. Great job! Can’t say I have ever seen a 3-burner Genny Jr…only 2 burners. Was that really an option back in the day?

Thanks for sharing! Love the chronicled story and build. Makes me want to dig my Jr redhead out of back of garage and restore it to use. I recall buying some Jr bits from you in the past for it.

I love it, another example of how you can be creative with these machines without ruining them. Great job!
Something like “could I have special ordered this?”.

Last edited:
Crazy mods on that grill. I would be scared to try to cut down an enameled lid and recreating the mounting holes for the end caps. Are you seeing any issue with rust where the cuts or bends were?

Back