Genesis 2000 Restoration

Level nuts might work, but they are not really what you want to use. They are for the bottom of legs where you screw a foot in to level the unit. They don't have the holding strength that tubing connectors have.
Here are some, but Amazon probably has them as well as well as other sources.

They work pretty darn well, really its just to keep the lower part of the legs from moving out or in. I had to hammer those bad boys in there, they spring out and have some little teeth to bite in. Tested trying to wiggle them with them bolted to something and they didn't budge.

More progress. Assembled and it’s working. Need to figure out alignment issues with the control panel and the controls and do the woodworking bit. Cut the handle, still needs sanding, seal, and varnish.

70EBDCC1-9DDF-40C4-B92C-AF8F2B98F9E2.jpeg

What kind of alignment issues are you having with the control panel?

I am not sure, but you might have a Silver B control panel on there. If there is a number on the lower left of the control panel, post it up here. Most of the control panels for a Genesis 1000 will have #8106. Not all but most.

What kind of alignment issues are you having with the control panel?

I am not sure, but you might have a Silver B control panel on there. If there is a number on the lower left of the control panel, post it up here. Most of the control panels for a Genesis 1000 will have #8106. Not all but most.
Serial Number is KN2 2241 (2241 on the side). Someone converted to propane at some point. Its like 1/4-1/2" off to the right. the panel fit when i disassembled, so I think its probably something i'm doing incorrectly.

*edit* sorry noticed what you actually said, its 8006

Last edited:
OK, that is the correct control panel likely. There may have been a couple plastic grommets on the right side of the frame where you attach the control panel to the frame. Those might account for about 1/4" if they are missing.

OK, that is the correct control panel likely. There may have been a couple plastic grommets on the right side of the frame where you attach the control panel to the frame. Those might account for about 1/4" if they are missing.
I have two of them, i'll see if they manage to bridge the gap. thanks!

Where did you source the wood?
Lowe’s Cedar 2x4x8. Cut down to 15-1/4 then rip to 3/4 thickness. I’m using a small chamfer on the edges. The nominal size of the 2x4 is the width so when I rip to thickness I get 4 per 15-1/4 length.

Did the plastic nuts in the frame recenter the control panel?
I haven’t tested yet, although there was this metal piece between the frame and the left side of the grill body. I did not put that back and it could account for that space. However, I do not see it in the manual.

Heh, I'm eager to find out so I will just hurry up and wait! Grill is coming along beautifully, I love my 2000!

Glad you got the panel issue solved. I am looking forward to seeing the Cedar after you get it done.

I haven’t tested yet, although there was this metal piece between the frame and the left side of the grill body. I did not put that back and it could account for that space. However, I do not see it in the manual.
That metal piece is a spacer that goes between the table and frame on the left side. It's attached with the bolt that goes into the cook box. It's probably not critical to reinstall it, it's just there to keep the table a little further away from the heat.

I'm also glad to hear the control panel is correct.

If I had that metal spacer for the table on the left, I would put it on. It's not mission critical, but if I had it I would install it.

Back