Genesis 2 fell on my lap

Jay D in Jersey

Closed Account
The folks next door put this at the curb as they closed up their beach house. Unbelievable...it can't be more than 3 years old. I grabbed it. Looks like it could use flavorizers...maybe. Hood hinge pins for sure. Interior cabinet will clean up immaculately...0 rust.
Needs hinge pins and possibly flavorizers. My plan would be to restore this and sell my circa 2013 Spirit S210 and have a kitchen grill for the rest of my years... Input, parts suggestions...all appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221006_183610.jpg
    20221006_183610.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20221006_183628.jpg
    20221006_183628.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20221006_183642.jpg
    20221006_183642.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20221006_183647.jpg
    20221006_183647.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20221006_183731.jpg
    20221006_183731.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 69
looks like a nice curb find.

After a really good cleaning, you could just cook on it.

Maybe paint the cook box and lid end caps with Rustoleum high heat ultra black. I did that on a 2016 E330 and it looks nearly new.

1665097487918.png

Awesome score. I hope the lid hinges are not damaged in a way that you can't easily fix them. I am not real familiar with the lids on those grills.

What about hood hinge pins? Where's the sticker with the model snd serial number on this guy. I just took a cursory look at it and wheeled it to our backyard. It's a 3 year old, $4 million house next door and he bought this new when he moved in. He just doesn't care. Hundreds like him in this town. But I'm good with that 😌

Awesome score. I hope the lid hinges are not damaged in a way that you can't easily fix them. I am not real familiar with the lids on those grills.
The hinge pins are missing. Odd. I imagine I can get them from Weber even if I pay...,or fabricate them from galvanized nails or something. Have not inspected the burners yet but I'll bet they are fine. A brushing at most.

my 2016 uses the same pins as my 1990 Genesis 1, so they may be the same.

1/4" x 1-1/2" pins. Someone had some links in this thread.

If the lid or firebox attachment points for the hinge pins aren’t broken you got one awesome score! Looks like the Ace special “Indigo” color that I really like. I have a kettle in that special color:

6A5C391F-6F2D-4BA2-8BFD-4A175500B3DE.jpeg

I think you will really enjoy that grill with just a modest effort to get it up and running.

The folks next door put this at the curb as they closed up their beach house. Unbelievable...it can't be more than 3 years old. I grabbed it. Looks like it could use flavorizers...maybe. Hood hinge pins for sure. Interior cabinet will clean up immaculately...0 rust.
Needs hinge pins and possibly flavorizers. My plan would be to restore this and sell my circa 2013 Spirit S210 and have a kitchen grill for the rest of my years... Input, parts suggestions...all appreciated.
Looks like my E-335 except no side burner. Great grill you'll love it.

That is a nice color and the Ace special edition grills came with 9mm stainless grates.
I'm seeing 2 CI grates in a bag. I'm going to inspect it thoroughly in the AM to make sure it's not cracked or significantly damaged on the fire box. The frame is fine. Looks like it's missing the grease tray holder...maybe. Could be there in the plastic bag with the grates. I'll know more in a short while.

If the lid or firebox attachment points for the hinge pins aren’t broken you got one awesome score! Looks like the Ace special “Indigo” color that I really like. I have a kettle in that special color:

View attachment 60714

I think you will really enjoy that grill with just a modest effort to get it up and running.
It has CI grates and I'm sure they're the originals. Could be Weber Deep Ocean Blue?

looks like a nice curb find.

After a really good cleaning, you could just cook on it.

Maybe paint the cook box and lid end caps with Rustoleum high heat ultra black. I did that on a 2016 E330 and it looks nearly new.

View attachment 60706

Assuming it's operational...which I'll test later today as well as the firebox structurally sound and the lid fits the box correctly (wind damage is big factor here), I'll go with black as I do have a can of black from a fireplace renovation I did in the spring. It's not spray but I don't care.

Assuming it's operational...which I'll test later today as well as the firebox structurally sound and the lid fits the box correctly (wind damage is big factor here), I'll go with black as I do have a can of black from a fireplace renovation I did in the spring. It's not spray but I don't care.

Rustoleum High Heat ultra works really well on the end caps. It looks worth a small investment.

Back