Blacking out a Genesis E330

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I've seen one, it was custom enamel red looked great.

Wondering about black lid with black end caps and cook box.

I cannot find gray VHT paint in stock anywhere.

Does anyone have pics to share?

Last edited:
here's the red one from @Dave in KC

I guess what I'm asking is if it would look off to just do the cookbox and end caps, and leave the frame gray.

I always thought black looked better on the cookbox and end caps. If nothing else it hides the grease stains a little better than gray. Go for it!

That's pretty much what Dave's grill is and it looks fantastic.
I think Dave painted the entire frame. He also painted the table ends and the trim on the sides of the control panel.

I think it pops with the red lid and red doors.

1659487075857.png

I might try it. I was hoping to avoid painting the entire frame and table ends and, and, and...

But maybe for my keeper it would be worth it.

I have one to flip and I'm not sure the effort will yield the payback, and I'm not sure if the original look is better or if making it look more like a newer one would get a few more bucks.

If cook box and frame and door trim was completely painted it would end up looking more or less like this.

1659487369482.png

I think the gray, black, and stainless will all tie in nicely. If the frame doesn't need to be repainted I really don't think I would bother. You can always go back and do it if you really don't like the way it looks.

Now that Weber has gone back to basic black, I think a 300 series redone in all black (ditch the gray cabinetry and end caps) might now look more “modern” which is funny because when the first 300 Genesis grills came out, the gray looked more “modern”!😎

I have the grey E330and like the color a lot. Seems to look clean most of the time.

I think I'll try just the cookbox bottom, and see how it looks. It can't look worse than it does now.

This one is the best of the ones I have, and I've tried to clean it with mixed results . The dawn platinum spray worked well in some areas, yet it won't clean the worst areas.

The one I need to flip looks much worse.

20220802_200951.jpg

I can make it look ok for a picture though.

20220802_201019.jpg

I think I'll try just the cookbox bottom, and see how it looks. It can't look worse than it does now.

This one is the best of the ones I have, and I've tried to clean it with mixed results . The dawn platinum spray worked well in some areas, yet it won't clean the worst areas.

The one I need to flip looks much worse.

View attachment 56697

I can make it look ok for a picture though.

View attachment 56699
Now I'm sure it will look better painted black.

And every time I look for VHT cast iron, it's 2 to 4 weeks out on backorder. I've had 3 or 4 orders canceled.

20220802_213707.jpg

The nice thing about repainting your cookbox and endcaps is that as long as you aren't missing any paint on them you can just prep and paint without stripping it all down to bare metal.

Back