Genesis 2 fell on my lap

I've never seen Indigo in person.
Indigo is weird. When you see it in person, at least under fluorescent lighting, it looks a lot like the Slate Blue Master Touch that @Jon Tofte posted up above. They can get that color to mostly come through in professional photos, but when I took a picture of an Indigo Kettle in a store a couple of years ago, it came out looking almost black. 63E04E37-856D-4900-954B-2D552BA37CFA.jpeg

Indigo is weird. When you see it in person, at least under fluorescent lighting, it looks a lot like the Slate Blue Master Touch that @Jon Tofte posted up above. They can get that color to mostly come through in professional photos, but when I took a picture of an Indigo Kettle in a store a couple of years ago, it came out looking almost black. View attachment 60726
It certainly looks more like that kettle there.

I’m happy for you! That just does not happen around here, people seem to just keep them until they are shot, usually due to really bad maintenance! By the time the are out for curb service, they’re mostly rust.
Or they are not quite shot and people are asking insane prices for them!

Indigo is weird. When you see it in person, at least under fluorescent lighting, it looks a lot like the Slate Blue Master Touch that @Jon Tofte posted up above. They can get that color to mostly come through in professional photos, but when I took a picture of an Indigo Kettle in a store a couple of years ago, it came out looking almost black. View attachment 60726
The one I posted is an Ace indigo that I upgraded with Master Touch handles and longer legs, etc. The slate blue is a lot lighter color and very matte. The indigo kettles have a nice glossy finish like the black ones. It is definitely less blue than the deep ocean and a hard color to pin down. When you see them side by side I think the indigo is a richer tone, but that’s just my taste.

OK...after I made a pot of coffee and before my daily surf check, I took a closer look. There appears to nothing wrong with this grill. I'll fire it up later when things dry up a bit later. Very damp here in the AM.
It is missing the grease tray assembly and hood hinge pins.
It likely has never been cleaned...or almost never. Certainly not beyond a quick scraping of the grates. Structurally, it's perfect but for a slight dent in the cabinet near the rear left wheel. It appears now to just need a thorough cleaning.
The caps are fine and will clean up with Simple Green.
This grill is not quite 2 years old. These folks bought the house in March 2021 and moved in in April. This came from the local Ace...because this neighbor isn't the type to assemble anything himself.

Attachments

• 20221007_074308.jpg
    20221007_074308.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221007_074314.jpg
    20221007_074314.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20221007_073958_HDR.jpg
    20221007_073958_HDR.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20221006_183731.jpg
    20221006_183731.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 24
I tested it earlier. I had to use a lighter to light the burners initially but they all fired up just fine and without flavorizers and grates, hit 600+ in under 3 minutes. After the moisture burned off, all igniters fired perfectly.
So in total. $ 30 to Weber for the lid hardware and grease tray holder and another $8 for some Rustoleum for the inside of the cabinet. Oh, and some cleanup elbow grease!!
I'll post pics along the way. It's going back to our other house and replacing the Spirit S-210 on the deck of our main house.
I'll either sell or gift the Spirit.

I'm not sure about this grill, but on the new ones, the sear burner has the same Btu rating as the regular burners - 12,000 Btu/hr for the 4-burner and 13,000 Btu/hr for the three-burner.

Back