Genesis 1000 tank scale w/pointer

Steve Hoch

TVWBB Platinum Member
I am just about done redoing my tank scale. My question is if anyone has bothered to replace the little rubber tip on the end of the pointer? It looks like the rubber end caps that go on wire shelves, but smaller. Any advice on a replacement is appreciated!

I think you can get something very close at an Ace or big box home improvement store. I need to pick up a few myself!

That looks perfect. Do you remember what they were called? I have an Ace hardware right down the street where I bought all the new bolts for my grill.

I went to Ace today and found those rubber tips where you guys said they would be. It's interesting that they are color coded by size. The correct size for that rod is red. At least that contrasts the black frame.

Real Hardware Store
I worked in a real hardware store here in NW NJ for twenty years before retiring. We sold all that kind of stuff. Had an entire wall of parts draws with you name it. When I restored my Gen 1000 got everything I needed there. Only thing I didn't get was the right size spring for the scale. We had an assortment of springs, just not the right one.

Yah, I suppose RED would be good for most folks. But I am color blind and it would not give enough contrast against the black of the rod and grill to be easily read for me. But, then again, I never pay attention to the scale on these grills anyway. They are too inaccurate.
But for a rehab, I would want the white or lighter color if possible.

Back