Genesis 1000 Porcelain Drip Tray

No, use the same mounting holes for a different bracket. I guess the first thing would be to make sure that drip tray actually covers the entire opening. Bruce, you probably have the parts to check that out!

I use JB Weld High Heat putty and HH gloss paint on the holes as I don't want people to have grease dripping under their gill
Yeah, I was thinking that might work. I just don't feel like doing bodywork on that until I'm about done with my rebuild. I'm thinking of doing it along with the tank scale.

No, use the same mounting holes for a different bracket. I guess the first thing would be to make sure that drip tray actually covers the entire opening. Bruce, you probably have the parts to check that out!
OK, I stuck a Silver B drip pan under my Deep box. It is about 3/4" too narrow right to left and that doesn't include the flat top edges....There is 3/4" daylight looking down through the cook box. Front to back just barely covers the opening but that would have all the gunk and goo dripping onto the flat edge and much of it dripping down outside the tray. So, IMO, trying to shoe horn a Silver B grease pan into a Genesis 1000 cook box is a big no go.

The problem is that the tray itself does not cover the opening in the bottom of the grill. It probably could be adapted with significant effort, but IMO, not worth the hassle.

Which brings up another idea. What about an E3xx drip pan? LOL

Heck, I can't even remember what a Genesis II drip pan looks like. Maybe???????

The problem is that the tray itself does not cover the opening in the bottom of the grill. It probably could be adapted with significant effort, but IMO, not worth the hassle.

Ill check my E330 with the deep box I have when I get home.

You're right Bruce, probably not worth it. Even if you fabricated a wrap around to the back bracket, the grease would just run all over that before making into the tray.

I think some people fill small holes in them with some JB weld as well. But, yah, keep your eyes out for a replacement.
I have done this with JB not just small holes by the way but the outer edges holding up fine 3 years later used the Krylon high heat in the qt can with a brush which as discussed you need to work fast. I took a flat file and hit the rust spots wiped with Acetone filled with JB and painted. Who cares what it looks like if its a keeper as long as it does not fall off the drip tray rails.

Edit: you need to do both sides with the JB Weld at least that is what I did so top and bottom on the edges as well as the worm holes. All I did on the hole in the middle where the small tray plugs into is flat file, Acetone then paint. Did not use any filler there was no need at least on the 2 that I did. Also where you pull that tray out usually can get a bit sharp there flat files to smooth it then paint.

Last edited:

@Bruce you might be on to a solution. Top view with the pan from my E330 underneath that free redhead x000

20210812_173632.jpg

Front view. the left rail is rusted away so its propped up with a rusted shelf.

Note the drain hole is to the left, not centered.

20210812_173643.jpg

Another view of the left side where the grease pan would need to mount. The opening is square, but I don't see any reason why it won't work.

20210812_173652.jpg
They are very close to the same size. The E330 pan is less than an 1/8 inch wider than the x000 pan, and the depth was very close too.

20210812_173508.jpg

Last edited:
So, what are you saying? They are the same dimension, length and width?
They are very very close in size according to my research.....Unfortunately they are also quite unavailable as well;-( And it is only a 5 year old part! The grill model went from 2011-2016. I could be wrong but that is what I found so far.

20210812_180539.jpg

the E330 pan is less than 1/8 inch wider, and a little over 1/2 inch deeper.

on the schematic, it is part 13:

1362757Grease tray, Genesis '11, black

and it too seems hard to find in stock.

They are very very close in size according to my research.....Unfortunately they are also quite unavailable as well;-( And it is only a 5 year old part! The grill model went from 2011-2016. I could be wrong but that is what I found so far.
ereplacementparts.com says that the #69804 works on the E-330, and it's available. Measures 17 1/2" long x 12 1/4" wide; is that close? (Too hot to go out and measure my 3000!)

ereplacementparts.com says that the #69804 works on the E-330, and it's available. Measures 17 1/2" long x 12 1/4" wide; is that close? (Too hot to go out and measure my 3000!)

my E-330 is 19 5/8 x 14 3/8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVQQMFW/?tag=tvwb-20 says 19 3/4 x 14 3/8

sad that Weber doesn't have parts for grills that are this new.
sad that weber doesn't have parts for older grills too.

I'd better buy one for my silver B while they are still available.

my E-330 is 19 5/8 x 14 3/8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVQQMFW/?tag=tvwb-20 says 19 3/4 x 14 3/8

sad that Weber doesn't have parts for grills that are this new.
sad that weber doesn't have parts for older grills too.

I'd better buy one for my silver B while they are still available.
We are talking about 20 to 35 year old grills. If you have a grill last that long, I don't see how you can expect much more. It just comes down to a demand issue. If more people wanted them, then someone would fill the need, but there just is not enough demand to make it worth producing them any longer.

We are talking about 20 to 35 year old grills. If you have a grill last that long, I don't see how you can expect much more. It just comes down to a demand issue. If more people wanted them, then someone would fill the need, but there just is not enough demand to make it worth producing them any longer.
Bruce - What Dan and I are referring to is the lack of available drip tray for the E-330 which is only 5 years old.

For the new stuff, I get it. These grills are made in China, and my guess is they have a parts run for expected number of warranty items. Parts run out and it is not cost effective to make more.

I'll be candid, I never expected that the E330 parts would not be available, so it's good to know that now. I've got a little rust and I'll attend to that before winter.

Maybe I'll take up TIG welding as a hobby when I retire.

For the older stuff, I guess I was hoping there would be an option, and if it was simply grind a 16th of the pan away then it seemed good. Well for a few minutes.

Back