Friday, what's for dinner?

Bob Erdman

TVWBB Pro
Took a couple of days off to work around the house figured might as well make a pizza on the SmokeFire tonight. Wife's in charge of the dough, I'm doing the rest. Nothing fancy, just pepperoni and fresh mushrooms, store bought sauce. Going to use my Lodge cast iron griddle. Works great in a CI pan but my griddle is a bit bigger. I'll post some pics later. Now where did I put my beer? Back to painting.

Leftovers for me tonight but in the morning I’m smoking kielbasa stuffed pork loins for tomorrow’s neighborhood Kentucky Derby party.
Kielbasa stuffed pork loin? Oh, please do tell!!
I’m planning a rack but, I kind of like the sound of this…on the bone? Might turn a few heads around here.

Kielbasa stuffed pork loin? Oh, please do tell!!
I’m planning a rack but, I kind of like the sound of this…on the bone? Might turn a few heads around here.
I believe I have shown this before. Here’s tomorrow’s 3 pork loins stuffed with kielbasa resting in the fridge until tomorrow when they get rubbed and smoked. Also a pic of the finished product from an earlier cook. I always use skinless sausage for this cook for texture purposes. These sausages are Eckridge brand. I have also made these with the same brand smoked sausage. They’re good on their own and make great sandwiches. I’ll be bringing a mustard based bbq sauce (like Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold) tomorrow for these.
1714783636581.jpeg
1714783682335.png

Last edited:
That was what I had envisioned, I don’t think I’ll do that with the bone on rack but, sure will next time with a boneless!

Well the thighs were DEEELISH. Smoky, spicy, tender and juicy. Only I waited a little too long to boost the temp on the Member's Mark. I was distracted working on my car and tractor (multitasking), and forgot about them. I had a TempSpike in one, and IIRC the temp was already in the 140ish range so they did not have long when I cranked it to 390 and they hit done before they crisped. But they were REALLY good.
I should have set a timer. On Z Grill it has automation. So I can tell it to make a temp change at either a certain internal temp on the food or by time. MM does not have that feature. I just did not feel like firing up that big a$$ Z Grill for 3 thighs :D

Back