Friday Ribs

Brad Chilton

TVWBB Fan
So this afternoon I decided I wanted ribs tonight and wanted to start practicing for our local rib cook off in April ...last years mid pack 15th didn't really cut it ....so I thought I'd give some of Costco's pre rubbed ribs with a little help from me added .Good practice for texture and cooking meathod sand times ... I've tried them before and they are ok, let's give it another go ...so here is the pre cook pic ... I will post follows ups tonight ... I'm not a 3-2-1 guy as I will be using my stacked meathod ... 2hours smoke , then stacked and rotated every 20 -30 minutes till done ... Stacking keeps the lower rack moist from drippings ...I will keep rotating my stack till tender with a nice crust ..

892D7633-C478-4EC0-9839-EAA94894D5B5_zpsfx7tmdca.jpg

6EF3734A-E7B2-4928-8A93-8D83F8932E05_zpsunglm5aw.jpg

Brad, ever season your own ribs before?
There are some very good rubs in your area stores OR you can make your own...

I have never seen pre-rubbed anything available for sale anywhere before....

I would get a rack and pur your own rub or store bought. At least you know what's in it.

Then compare to Costco ribs and see which ones are better.

I look forward to your results.
Have a great weekend.

Jim I always use my own rub ... But for ribs I use a 2 day process ... But I made my decision today and didn't really care ... Flavor of rub for today's exercise not paramount ... And it's not bad , had it before ...so here is pic after 2 hours and now stacked...
217CBC99-F86E-4C5F-BC8F-76016CBD1589_zpshgleqfut.jpg

303DB10C-EC76-4977-9C9C-944FC3854F49_zpsnu7rlwhm.jpg

Tony and Jim ...no need for a taste comparison .... These are just perfect in a pinch .. Lack of time for rub and sitting... I would never use these for company or anyone else .. But all ingredients are listed ... Same as I would use anyway ... But I added a few xtras for my taste .... Like I said , very good for some last minute smoke....

looks good, never heard of the stacking method before...might have to try it

I wish you would ..looking for others feedback ... I rotate their position very twenty minutes or so depending on number of racks ... By stacking the lower racks stay moist while the top builds a crust ....

Those look great! I've had the pre-rubbed tri tip from Costco but I baked it in the oven. To me the taste was great. I've been wanting to try their ribs too, I just might after seeing this

Back