Freezer diving

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I’m still trying to make some room in the freezer! Not having much luck but, this came out this week and became dinner last night
B9E79496-5089-4296-875F-DFA592C104E9.jpeg
Indirect, rubbed with Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
CF83A64C-4CDF-4944-A06B-74F9C0C3AF4A.jpeg
And a side of sweet potatoes Brussels sprouts tossed with a little EVOO, orange zest, S&P, a little ginger topped with bacon!
23AFBDFD-E50C-4C35-8203-8D085B9B49EA.jpeg
And since it was Halloween, BOO!
F030CD51-CE08-4CF4-9065-099CCAE74FA8.jpeg

Outstanding looking food all around! Very fall-ish. How did you cook the roast?

Looks excellent Tim, nice cooks. I don't get much freezer diving, Barb inventories all three freezers about once a month and keeps a running list of what's in them and removes items off the list as we use them. Everything is date coded on the package so we try to use the oldest first when planning meals.

Super Halloween cook Timothy!! Absolutely love that sweet potato/Brussels sprouts side, as well as the roast and pie of course.

Wow, where'd you get the roast, Tim? Most grocery stores don't leave anything close to a fat cap like that!

Wow, where'd you get the roast, Tim? Most grocery stores don't leave anything close to a fat cap like that!
Really, those seem to be pretty much “stock” around here, cryopacked. More “whole” loins are almost always available at Costco. This was around .99c/ lb. I try to snag them when they come up one or two at a time and stock them for when I need to do something quickly for dinner for six-eight, with simple cocktail hour whilst cooking
$1.49/lb. or less, which seems to be fairly often! Just lucky on that.
Edit...
Sorry Brad, I didn’t really answer your question, sorry. I got this at Meijer’s, it seems to be the last one in the cache, one butt, three doubles of tenderloins, two briskets for serious large proteins. Some lamb racks, a bucket of shrimp, three Mettwurst, various and sundry sausages. I think I really need to do a complete inventory!

Last edited:

Back