Freebie!!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Found this free performer last week...crazy what folks give away!!

All was in pretty good shape but the sweeper is rusted shut...it may be a good candidate for a WSM cart and loads of good parts for some other projects..we'll see!

I was about to send out an APB for you my friend! Long time no hear! Fishing must be good! Nice find!

I'd get a chimney full of hot coals in there and see if you can warm up the gunk that has likely hardened in the bowl. You might even get away with just using the propane igniter to warm it up, just keep the lid ajar to allow enough oxygen in. It is generally gunk and not rust that binds up the sweeper.

Thanks guys for all the helpful ideas...I'm sure I could get her up and running in no time...actually been wanting to convert it to a WSM cart and rob some parts from this for another project...we will see !!

Well I am re thinking my freebie parts performer..I finally got around to a little closer inspection ..noticed underneath the mold and grime the grill grate was pretty shiny...so I heated up another grill and tossed the racks on to clean them up..hit the gunked up frozen sweeper with a brush and wow..not sure this thing had been used but one time!

[/URL

Hosed her off and I am impressed!

[URL=http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/Carterfamfive/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FE1DA7CD-D7F1-4A49-9B23-DF6E3A06BB1F.jpg.html]

Guess I could really clean it ...naw I'm going to cook with it instead!!

You couldn't pry me away from my Performer with a stick!:D

You will LOVE the way it works! A feller or gal with a Performer and a WSM is about as good as it gets! You can spend more money, LOTS more, but you cannot buy better and that's a FACT!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

You couldn't pry me away from my Performer with a stick!:D

You will LOVE the way it works! A feller or gal with a Performer and a WSM is about as good as it gets! You can spend more money, LOTS more, but you cannot buy better and that's a FACT!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I agree....I've had a performer for years and is my to go to grill...

Back