Found this GEM on CL this morning

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
Couldn't wait till tomorrow. Here are a few pics.

Cleaning station.

I couldn't get any history on this cuz the owner spoke no English. Although dirty it cleaned up very fast. I don't think this kettle was used more then a dozen times. Even the grates have hints of chrome and no rust I'll try to clean them up tomorrow.

Bob

You've been around here for awhile so I'm pretty sure you're aware of just how hated/envied you are right about now! :mad:

Just kidding buddy! GREAT score. You should be very proud! :cool: Try steel wooling the heck out of the ash pan. Should come out sparkling clean.

Bob

You've been around here for awhile so I'm pretty sure you're aware of just how hated/envied you are right about now! :mad:

Just kidding buddy! GREAT score. You should be very proud! :cool: Try steel wooling the heck out of the ash pan. Should come out sparkling clean.

LOL yup I Know this is on alot of lists out there and it was on mine. I'm not a collector but the only one left on my list is a Blue Go Anywhere. There are a few in Australia and that's the only place i've seen them.

Not kidding. $20.00

j.gif

That was one hell of a deal. Amazing condition on a rare color.

I am curious, however; what language did he speak?

Had it but forgot to post. Here it is.
We know it's at least a 1970 and not a 1979 because it lacks a letter code. The word Weber is not raised and I think they did that about 1977 or 1978, so that narrows it down to between 1970 and 1976 :coolkettle:

Back