For those with older Weber grills do you do this?

I just did some "rearranging" to make my mess less objectionable. Now I have one on the patio (normal, it's finally grilling season here again) , one on the side of the house next to garage (not too unusual) , and two in the garage along with all my extra parts stashed in various spots. I think I'm safe for the time being from my wife, especially since I'm doing some work in the kitchen to get it ready for repainting.
3 on the deck, a Jumbo Joe under the deck, pellet grill in the garage. And now that Genesis Silver I grabbed to fix up for son in law on patio

Every once in a while some obscure, no longer available part pops up by that outfit. I wonder if my local ace has things like that buried in their back room, they are an old Weber dealer as well.

Every once in a while some obscure, no longer available part pops up by that outfit. I wonder if my local ace has things like that buried in their back room, they are an old Weber dealer as well.
I think Tom Horsman got a new-in-the-box CharQ in much the same way. Some place that had them in inventory in some back room for 15+ years!

My guess is that they are new old stock and once the 52 are gone, they are gone. I see zero reviews, so it doesn't look like they are selling many of them. If anyone needs one, here is the link: https://shop.edyoungs.com/products/slide-lock-for-genesis-table-22422.html
Amazon has them, too, but at twice the price. However, Ed Young charges a minimum of $10 shipping, so if you only buy one or two, Amazon is still competitive.

I think Tom Horsman got a new-in-the-box CharQ in much the same way. Some place that had them in inventory in some back room for 15+ years!
I'm sure we would both love to come across a Genesis 1000 that way. Stories like that are why I still look for new parts that aren't available anymore, and I have found a few to be sure.

That Silver is worth it in comparison to today's stuff, especially considering that it is essentially brand new. Like Steve, that particular model is not my most favorite. I have to wonder if a similar story even older Genesis with wood slats might fare better. As it is, this seller has had this one listed at $650 for many months.

I would definitely rather have that than a new model. I think the sheer volume of Silver B and C grills available used for cheap might work against that new Silver. Additionally, you can still buy more parts for those compared to an older 1000-5000 series.

I don’t collect parts (yet?) or quite have gotten to the point of weberitis, but might be guilty of having at least one extra grill. On my porch I have a Genesis Platinum C (currently working to refurb the bottom, but still using during refurb), a Performer Deluxe, and a (non Weber) pellet grill. In my garage, I have a Platinum Kettle that I kept after getting the Performer Deluxe (5 or 6 years ago). I used to keep the kettle on my porch as stand to light my chimney starters.

That’s cool. I don’t know enough about 3-D printing to say too much, but I do have questions about it holding up to the stress of a swing table.

If you want a REALLY obsolete part, try finding the ORIGINAL end bracket for Weber swing tables. These go back to 1986. Not sure when they switched to the plastic ones.

25D140BD-9EF8-4BF4-A8C0-757FF799EA5A.jpeg
11ABE6B4-3C7D-4723-BE4A-9149630A26D8.jpeg

I do keep extra flavorizers (2 sets in reserve, 3 total for some reason) and an extra set of burners for the 3000, which sometimes is a 2000. Lately I've been deep frying outside on the side burner, so it's probably going to stay a 3000 for a while. But yes, a lot of people keep parts. Oh, in addition to the bars and burners, I have some knobs, ignitor parts and probably some wheels and things too. It gets confusing. But I have given up on dragging entire grills back home. Well, for now. I hope. Let me just have a look on Craigslist ...

Back