Football Sunday carne asada

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Grilling up some quick carne asada tacos for the afternoon games. Niners lost. Gosh this team frustrates me!

1665952643811.jpeg

Fresh limes from the tree. At least I live a good life 😂

1665952713373.jpeg

1665953022495.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks very Yummy, What cut of beef did you use?
I just about always use flap meat. It's similiar to skirt steak but less expensive than skirt. Costco sells a cryovac of this which I buy, clean up a little and apportion bags for my freezer. This cryovac got me 4 4# freezer bags and a large cook up front.

1666044921235.jpeg

Last edited:
You got it all going on Brett, looks fantastic....

As I say about Football "If you could bet and beat the point spread every week we all would be millionaires"

They sell smaller portions of flap meat at our local Costco in the meat case prices around $35.00 - $45.00.
The lure of flap meat is, its very tasty, inexpensive, all you need is olive oil, kosher salt and course black pepper and game on.

Then make flap meat potatoes and eggs, tacos and one of my favorites, flap meat, pepper jack cheese a sunny side up egg on a
toasted Brioche Bun.

Thank you. That definately looks better than what I see at some local Carniceria's
Indeed. Most taco shops have to value engineer their beef to keep prices low and in turn will use rump roast, sliced thin, marinated and then flat topped. Unfortunately, it’s dry like shoe leather as rump makes a good roast beef and that’s about all.

One of my friends is a restauranteur and I cooked this for him. He said the flavor profile was spot on but that no taqueria would spend this money. They’d all elect a cheaper cut of meat.

Flap is juicy and takes and holds a lot of flavor. Cook temp is closer to 145-150° so it’s not raw and chewy.

I’m pretty sure I posted my recipe on this forum before.

You got it all going on Brett, looks fantastic....

As I say about Football "If you could bet and beat the point spread every week we all would be millionaires"

They sell smaller portions of flap meat at our local Costco in the meat case prices around $35.00 - $45.00.
The lure of flap meat is, its very tasty, inexpensive, all you need is olive oil, kosher salt and course black pepper and game on.

Then make flap meat potatoes and eggs, tacos and one of my favorites, flap meat, pepper jack cheese a sunny side up egg on a
toasted Brioche Bun.
Your breakfast sounds awesome. Brioche toasts up so perfectly.

Flap can be asada or fajita style. It’s super versatile. We did some fajita style a few weeks back as you describe. Cooked up some white onion with Anaheim and Poblano peppers in evoo and butter. Made for a tasty meal with a few cervezas.

Back