Fly Management

I was given one. It doesn't work very well.
Perhaps it's your aim, you may need one of these:

Perhaps it's your aim, you may need one of these:

Wish they made that with a green dot also, easier to see in sunlight.

I mentioned it to the wife and sent her a link.
The whole message up there about the way she would look at me is exactly how it went, and I didn't even have to look at her.
Not gonna lie, I knew it would be like that. The she continued on about me being a redneck out back and all that.....
I said imagine if there was no flies......get her one too because I know she wants to do it too..... ;)
I said I would buy some for my parents, they are in the middle of cow country and you think there is a small amount of flies there....lol
Oh man, it would be an 8 hour a day job lol.

Seen it.....Amazon.ca is $69 CAD for me plus I can get free shipping.
Shipping alone from the US is $45 USD. I priced one out with shipping and it was $110 USD.
Add about 1.3 for exchange so it's not looking good.
Amazon is the right choice here but I still need to drop $69 per gun, so still cheaper to get Amazon.
I like the hand gun, apparently it's a lot more hardcore.

Yea I use Morton's table salt, about a buck a Lb.
That Bug salt might be better, but 13 bucks a Lb better???
I've been using Morton course Sea Salt with good effect. I patterned this salt on aluminum foil when zeroing the laser sight and it had a pattern that looked good for fly size critters.

Seen it.....Amazon.ca is $69 CAD for me plus I can get free shipping.
Shipping alone from the US is $45 USD. I priced one out with shipping and it was $110 USD.
Add about 1.3 for exchange so it's not looking good.
Amazon is the right choice here but I still need to drop $69 per gun, so still cheaper to get Amazon.
I like the hand gun, apparently it's a lot more hardcore.
Darryl, Cabela’s or Bass Pro shops have them here in Canada for $64.95 and you could look at it first.

There is a Fly ? turned Bug a Salt thread over at another BBQ forum that went three pages also. Bunch of red necks over there too. :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Those places are about an hour and a half one way and I was just at Sail last weekend...I think the risk is okay just going through amazon or something like that.....haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m out back now and only seen a couple flys, but I also just let the grill. So we will see, they all should be here in no time.

I've been using Morton course Sea Salt with good effect. I patterned this salt on aluminum foil when zeroing the laser sight and it had a pattern that looked good for fly size critters.
What model is yours; 2.0,2.5, 3.0?

Amazon sold out of the black ones in the past 5 hours.
Yellow is for sale but they l8mit you to 1 per purchase.....what is up with that.
Looking at the main website now, it’s the same money for 2 plus the exchange.....
Maybe go with that double pack, she said she would use it for sure.......double the kills.

A spray bottle than can "mist" filled with apple cider vinegar however that's not the greatest smell one can have. I collect Wolf Spiders, whenever we go hiking, I bring my spider container and if I see one, I catch it and bring it home. Best bug solution you can have. They can't harm you or your pets (but they do bite if you piss them off) they eat everything you don't want around and in your house. The only caution I have is that if you put a glass of water on your nightstand, you check it before drinking it. Wolf spiders like glasses of water, LOL
You release them in your house?!?!? I'd rather get eaten alive by horse flies than to even think about having a big hairy spider crawling around inside my house!

You release them in your house?!?!? I'd rather get eaten alive by horse flies than to even think about having a big hairy spider crawling around inside my house!
Naw, they're released in the backyard. However they're pretty crafty and find ways in. Like riding on pets and whatnot

I would have thought it the opposite. They apparently sell Bug-A-Salt brand salt specifically for use in this device. From what I saw online it is a slightly larger grain than regular table salt. The guy doing the video compared the fire power of regular table salt with the special salt and found the special salt had less spread and greater impact than table salt. He fired into aluminum foil so you could see the pattern and the larger salt crystals definitely had a tighter pattern and broke through the foil with fewer hits. Of course, effectiveness would depend on your shooting ability. The wider spread of regular table salt might be a benefit if you aren't a steady hand with it. Canning salt, being a much finer grain that regular table salt, would likely have an even greater spread and less stopping power.

Having seen the difference with the special salt I immediately wonder if Kosher salt would work even better, though the grains might be too large. Just found a review that mentioned using Kosher salt and he said it was more effective than table salt, like buck shot compared to bird shot. So I guess it will work. Now to determine if Diamond Kosher is better then Morton Kosher.

I need to go retest fire mine. I was using table salt.

Back