Flash seared pork tenderloin (like scaloppini)

Looks tasty.
I now have an idea what to do with an extra tenderloin I have.
Pork tenderloin is a decent substitute for veal, which is hard to find here and it’s expensive when I do find it. The tenderloin is inexpensive and so long as you don’t overcook it, it’s super tender and juicy. A squeeze of fresh lemon would have been perfect but I was lazy and just added the rustic sauce atop it.

Hey Brett, have you ever made “pork wings”?
Sliced tenderloin wrapped with half a slice of bacon, then grilled to golden perfection and lightly sauced!
I make them up and freeze them so, they are ready to go any time! Great appetizer!

Hey Brett, have you ever made “pork wings”?
Sliced tenderloin wrapped with half a slice of bacon, then grilled to golden perfection and lightly sauced!
I make them up and freeze them so, they are ready to go any time! Great appetizer!
I have not. Sounds good. Sauced as in bbq? How would a Carolina Gold go with them? Any reference pics or posts to share? Thanks.

I have not. Sounds good. Sauced as in bbq? How would a Carolina Gold go with them? Any reference pics or posts to share? Thanks.
Let me dig for pictures…IMG_0459.jpeg
Brett, this is from a while ago, up at the cottage, hassleback mettwurst in the middle. I serve that with sautéed peppers and onions tossed with Dalmation fig jam. Bloody marvelous!
(Prior to light sauce)

Looks good! We use the pork that way too, lightly dredged in flour then pan seared with a lemon caper butter sauce.
we do love picatta style and with mushrooms in the sauce too. i chose to not dredge as we were having pasta with dinner. gotta cut unnecessary calories where we can so the dredge got nixed. i'd do this version again. the real key was a hot and quick sear. tenderloin gets to done temp quickly and i didn't want leather pucks. it all worked out on this cook.

i haven't made Oso Bucco in a long time. i've used bone in pork chops for that in the past. maybe this winter i'll whip up a batch.

Last edited:
Let me dig for pictures…View attachment 78649
Brett, this is from a while ago, up at the cottage, hassleback mettwurst in the middle. I serve that with sautéed peppers and onions tossed with Dalmation fig jam. Bloody marvelous!
(Prior to light sauce)
what's the texture like? please explain the reason for the pork on pork. i'm in learn mode here. trying to understand this. your sauseeege looks real good.

I modified a “Fried pig wing“ recipe from a place in Milwaukee I saw on some show,
The bacon keeps the tenderloin from drying out, and besides, it’s bacon Therefore, is has to be better, right?
The Mettwurst is from a small butcher in Rogers City, I’ve not found one I can compare it to, anywhere.
Plath’s is the name of the place. Nice folks!

Wrap up on this cook. Made parmigiana sandwiches with some leftovers of this last night.

Costco ciabatta rolls, sauced, pecorino on both halves, some of the warmed slices (warmed on low in the microwave), topped with mozz and then broiled till browned and bubbly.

Didn’t grab any pics but this was an excellent sando. So you can get a few meals out of this recipe with very low effort and cost.

Back