Flanken Style Short Ribs

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
See if the album posts this time (sometime imgur can be annoying) The plan was to have the Short Ribs, Smoked Taters and BBQ Corn on the Cob, of which the mini would get the tater duty, and the SmokeFire would get the Ribs and Corn on the Cob duty. The SmokeFire had other plans, it decide it was not going to work. Maybe the fuse, maybe.....?

I fired up the kettle for the Ribs & Corn, but there was no getting it to the mid to low 200's so I had to cook the ribs on the Smoke Joe (taters were done, so timing was perfect) To be honest, I don't think the SmokeFire would have cooked the Ribs as well as the Smokey Joe did. They came out great. Speaking of great, what a weekend for the Giants, they crushed the dodgers. Father's day was fun, many an adult beverage was indulged

HZb40Zl.jpg

I remember not to long ago for that price at Sam's or Costco you could get a package with 12 or 14 strips in it for like 16.00.

My wife being a born and bread S Korean she aways makes up a great marnide sauce and puts them in a bag a day ahead of time.
Great flavor and smell during cooking.
I have not done a straight SP&G cook on these for like ever.
Time for a change after seeing your cook Chuck ,nicely done

Looks like all the right ingredients of a great cook. I see you're a fan of Kinder's The blend also. Would love to find some of those Flanken style short ribs. Although the sticker shock might stop me.
Nice save with the SJ.

I remember not to long ago for that price at Sam's or Costco you could get a package with 12 or 14 strips in it for like 16.00.

My wife being a born and bread S Korean she aways makes up a great marnide sauce and puts them in a bag a day ahead of time.
Great flavor and smell during cooking.
I have not done a straight SP&G cook on these for like ever.
Time for a change after seeing your cook Chuck ,nicely done
You’ve got me thinking some bulgogi is needed.

See if the album posts this time (sometime imgur can be annoying) The plan was to have the Short Ribs, Smoked Taters and BBQ Corn on the Cob, of which the mini would get the tater duty, and the SmokeFire would get the Ribs and Corn on the Cob duty. The SmokeFire had other plans, it decide it was not going to work. Maybe the fuse, maybe.....?

I fired up the kettle for the Ribs & Corn, but there was no getting it to the mid to low 200's so I had to cook the ribs on the Smoke Joe (taters were done, so timing was perfect) To be honest, I don't think the SmokeFire would have cooked the Ribs as well as the Smokey Joe did. They came out great. Speaking of great, what a weekend for the Giants, they crushed the dodgers. Father's day was fun, many an adult beverage was indulged

HZb40Zl.jpg
Great cook! Love me grilled Flanken ribs.

Try the Costco Prosecco if you want to mix up your morning “juice.” And their blush version goes well too for the breakfast of champions and dads.

Wow, Chuck. Beautiful work. Drooling over here.

Love your kitchen btw. Especially that backsplash.
I did a lot of the kitchen myself, however the backsplash and the counter tops were installed by the company I bought them from

That was my first (and last) kitchen remodel. It's not as fun as it sounds

HZb40Zl.jpg
Come on Giants fans, where's the spell checker :p? BTW I have never heard, seen or tried Flankin style short ribs but you made them look really delicious. Especially with the baked potato and Mexican style street corn. Very nice! #GoGiants

Back