Fish tacos

Excellent! My first choice of rockfish for tacos!
Last time I was off Bodega Bay we were motoring north hoping we’d be able to get into Fort Bragg. We were in Half moon bay when the port authorities came pounding the docks at 1am telling us to head for high ground or head to sea. Tsunami was on its way after the earthquake in Fukushima.

Great looking tacos Mark. I've been out to Bodega many, many times. I used to live in Petaluma and then moved to Cloverdale. We use to camp over in the dunes area, I forget the proper name. Also, stayed at the Tides Motel several times as well. We used to walk out and fish off the jetty. When I was a kid, my folks took us over to the pier at Bodega and we'd fish with drop lines and catch the perch. My wife and I took my Dad over to the restaurant and we had a great lunch. That was my last time at Bodega. Lots of good memories there

A group of us went out of Bodega on what's known as a six pack. Small charter with 6 people. We limited on rock fish and got a few Salmon too.

Note the 2 brown ling cods!

I love fishing out of Bodega. Unfortunately, it is a zoo s t has grown substantially. I, like you remember earlier times of perch fishing and buy fish from the boat at Lucas Wharf. I've been going out there for 60 years.

imagejpeg_0.JPG

What else do you need on your Fresh Ling Cod Tacos.......Grilled cod, white sauce, shredded cabbage, home made pico de gallo....
Absolutely nothing, nicely done Mark..

Ling cod is my absolute favorite fish. Would rather eat ling than halibut. Fish for them quite often up here in the San Juan Islands. Good looking plate bud.

Back