fish tacos & teriyaki shrimp

Jim H.

TVWBB All-Star
Went fishing in Florida a few weeks back and brought a bunch of fish and shrimp home, so I thought I'd grill some fish for tacos tonight. The fam wanted shrimp so I was happy to cook some for them.

Finally got a new camera so hopefully these pics come out good.

It finally stopped raining for longer than ten minutes and it has been a while since I cooked anything outside. Good to be grilling again!

Marinated some cobia fillets for 30 minutes in some olive oil, lime juice, cumin, oregano, cilantro salt & pepper. Skewered the shrimp and seasoned them with Weber's Mango Lime Seafood seasoning and Florida Sunshine sea salt with citrus.

Marinating fish.
cobiamarinating.jpg

Ready for grillin'.
cobiashrimp.jpg

Grilled the shrimp direct over Royal Oak briquettes for a few minutes, then moved 'em to the CI skillet to be glazed with ginger teriyaki sauce.
shrimpgrilling.jpg

Added the fish for just a few minutes on each side.
cobiashrimpgrilling.jpg

Good lookin' shrimp!
shrimpglazedskillet.jpg

Wanted to set the sauce a little so I put them back over the coals for a minute or two before going inside.
shrimpglazedongrill.jpg

Plated in some tortillas with some fish taco sauce, tomatillo salsa, red salsa & cilantro. The recipe I found called for Mexican sour cream & chipotle peppers in adobo, so I thought I'd give them a try. Both of these ingredients made dinner even better!
tacosplated1.jpg

Here's your plate. Enjoy!
tacosplated2tight.jpg

If I had only made this last weekend, I could have entered the Iron Chef competition!
icon_frown.gif

Jim, your fish shrimp tacos are over the top. So delicious looking. I love anything in the taco format!
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

@ S Sherrod - don't mind sharing at all.

Here's the recipe. It can be doubled if you are feeding a crowd.

1/2 C. Mexican sour cream
1 lime, cut in half
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
1-2 chipotles in adobo, with a little juice from the can, crushed. (I found a can of these already crushed up in adobo - easier to spoon into the sauce mix)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped

-Mix in the juice of half a lime to get sour cream consistency thinner. Add more lime juice to suit your taste.

-Add remaining spices and blend thoroughly, using whisk or spoon.

-Refrigerate to let flavors marry. 30 mins. to an hour should be enough.

Back