Fish Tacos on a very hot night.

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Decided on some fish tacos for dinner last night. We're in the midst of another moderate heat wave and these sounded quick and good. Made a chipotle lime dressing consisting of plain Greek Yogurt, mayo, chopped cilantro, one chipotle pepper in adobo, lime juice, chili oil, chopped garlic and some Mexicano BBQ Rub. Just a few pictures. Used this dressing to marinate the Cod fillets for an hour in a zip lock bag. Also used it for the dressing on the slaw consisting of red cabbage, shredded broccoli stalk, cilantro, honey and lime juice. Rounded things with small corn street tortillas and some avocado.

DSC_3923 (Large).JPG

Fillets on a very hot griddle.

DSC_3926 (Large).JPG

Flaking up really nice.

DSC_3929 (Large).JPG

Warmed up the tortillas and gave the larger piece of cod a couple more minutes.

DSC_3933 (Large).JPG

Plated them up. Man, were these delicious.

DSC_3935 (Large).JPG

Not the best photo in the world, but you get the idea. Thanks for looking everyone

The night was hot..not so hot that it took the curl out of the blonde on the corner, but hot enough to convince the blonde on the corner to curl on over to Cliff's. Because Cliff knew dames, and the dames liked their red cabbage, shredded broccoli stalk, cilantro, honey and lime juice.;)

(Sorry...it's "Sunday Night Noir" on the Movies! channel.)

Last edited:
Those Fish Tacos look amazing Cliff. It's been hot here in the bay area, I can only imagine how hot it is up there

I had fish tacos a couple nights ago, Cliff, and I wish I had you here to cook 'em for me! Mine were downright utilitarian (though tasty) compared to these beauties! If you come down here and teach me to fish for rockfish, then you can teach me how to cook 'em right! :)

R

Thank you for the nice comments everyone. Greatly appreciated!

It's been hot here in the bay area, I can only imagine how hot it is up there

110° here yesterday Chuck. 109.4° today and climbing
If you come down here and teach me to fish for rockfish, then you can teach me how to cook 'em right! :)

I'm quite sure your tacos were your usual all star variety Rich. I used to love to go rock fishing over by Bodega and farther north near Ft. Bragg when I lived down that way. I'm sure there's very little I could teach you Rich, except maybe how not to score sourdough loaves! :D

Back