First thread in some time, tuna and chops

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
Long time no see, me posting pictures. Now I can move somewhat without my crutches, and I’d like to show you a few pictures of one of my latest cooks.
I’ts nothing fancy, just a tuna salad and some chops.

2012824_DSC_0619.jpg

This automatic stirrer got quite a bashing in a thread on the old forum, because it was not able to stir a thick cheese sauce. Well, no wonder, this thing is not heavy, and is powered by three puny batteries. I pickled some mustard seeds, using a recipe from the momufoku book, and it said “Simmer for 45 minutes, stir often”.
I do not know about you, but I have other things to do than to stir often for 45 minutes when I prepare a meal.
On such jobs, this gizmo works like a charm. Use the tools for what they are intended to do, and do not use them for other jobs. By the way, do try the pickled mustard seeds. They are delicious! Make the mixture more “watery”, the finished product thickens when cooled.

I have to admit, I am not a big fan of canned tuna. I found some fresh tuna, from Indonesia, and wanted to try. Before grilling, covered with salt, pepper and white and black sesame seeds.

2012824_DSC_0620.jpg

On the grill. A tad overcooked, but it was my first try, and the grill was very hot.

2012824_DSC_0627.jpg

Now the main dish, pork chops. It is hard to make this better than the Wizard of pork chops, Mr Lampe, so I won’t even try. Here, rubbed with Spanish sweet peppers, “real American BBQ mix” and fresh black pepper.

2012824_DSC_0622.jpg

Some chantarelles, I finished them with butter in a pan.

2012824_DSC_0621.jpg

Here is the salad, fresh coriander, radish, scallions, lettuce and cucumber.
The sauce goes like this, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and lime.
Served with some Turkish bread and a dry Spanish cava. Goes with anything!

2012824_DSC_0633.jpg

The main dish, the chop was not so burned that it looks like on the picture. Served with potatoes with some melted butter, mushrooms green salad, and of course the pickled mustard seeds.

Thank you for looking.

2012824_DSC_0638.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, Geir! Glad to hear you are up and moving around without the crutches.

Great photos!

Beautiful meal Geir. Glad to hear you're getting around better! Now we can expect more posts from you.

Great cooking Geir. Glad to see you up and around and cooking up a storm. Love the tuna. Those pickled mustard seeds are a blast and easy -- don't you love it?
Cheers!

Fantastic grillin' Sir Geir!!
your chops look SENSATIONAL!!

now it seems I've missed some health issues with you... and sorry to hear that... why crutches?

Looks like a super meal Geir! Loved the candle light dinner and crutches or not your photos look super.

Jim, it's nothing very serious. I fell on the bath floor, and broke my left arm and chrushed my right knee shell. The knee takes some months to heal, so that's the reason for the crutches.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Geir,
Very happy to hear that you're getting around better,
and also very happy to see another one of your outstanding cooks!
And, as always, great photos too!

Back