First run with the wok....

JSchlegelmilch

TVWBB Pro
Tried the wok for the first time. Despite the cold, here is how it went...

Chopped and arranged the food based on order of cooking. First was brussel sprouts and bacon, the other is flank steak (seasoned), celery and shallots, mushrooms and some sweet peppers. The final bowl, not shown, had cooked black bean noodles, garlic and worcestershire sauce. It was tough to see in the dark and with water vapor from the cold, but I was able to smell my way through it...

Your bowl with some chili/garlic sauce:

Really came out good for cook on a whim. I was also very impressed with how hot the wok stayed despite the cold air temperature. It definitely cooked hotter than I could get on our electric stove.

Thanks for looking!
-Jeff

The food looks great J. Besides that, it is a healthy meal. I'm not surprised ho hot the wok stayed since the setup has the bottom of the pan very close to the coals. I used to cook a lot on the wok in our kitchen twenty years ago and am going to start again when I get that new grate and accessories. I'll bet that was a great meal. As there has been more talk on the site about eating healthy, this would be a good place to start.

That's a list of ingredients for a wok I've never seen before. I'm going to steal that one and give it a try, nicely done J

Looks great. I am seasoning my wok and am ready to put it to use this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

Back