First Pulled Pork on the Mini

Kevin Osborn

Completed my mini about 2 weeks ago and had a beautiful day out yesterday to try some pulled pork. It was just me so I went with a boneless butt about 3.5 pounds and my options were limited to hickory wood for the day. Homemade rub sat on it overnight.

Coals and chunks set up.

A little look to see how it was doing.

Smoking away.

Ready to be pulled.

Almost done.

Final product with some Sweet Baby Ray's.

Pretty happy with it for a trial run. Definitely gonna have to make a bigger one next time!

All these minis really making me want to make one.

I'm so glad that I did. I live in an apartment so I don't have room for my OTS silver here so that stays at a friend's place, and it gets to be difficult setting a weekend aside to smoke anything. It was so much more convenient with the mini because it takes so much of the effort out of it. Get started on yours right away, Mike!

Man that looked like a lot of smoke wood. I am sure it was great.

It was a trial run with it and I wasn't sure how much smoke flavor it would actually pick up. I like quite a bit, and it turned out pretty well considering it was hickory. Gonna try to get my hands on some apple or cherry for next time!

Great cook on that mini..........gotta build me one of those for those small cooks.......................d

Back