First cook on the WSM

Hilmir Kolbeins

Well I had the first cookout on my weber, cooked 3lb chicken and some legs. 3 1/2 hour cook.

It turned out prettywell for the first time. I used my V-burner wich was great, I had some hickory in a can on the burner that provided smoke. Would have wanted to try applewood.

Does anyone know where to find a chart that show the difference between wood and what meat it goes well with.

Here are some pics.

IMG_9399_zps1e8331d2.jpg

IMG_9400_zpsdcffe167.jpg

IMG_9405_zps891f4e91.jpg

Thanks for the chart, I new I saw it here on the bulletin. I was gonna use apple but they were out of applewood at Bauhaus.

Dwain you would be suprised at how little snow we get here in Iceland, it varies from season to season. Last year it snowed from the begining of November until end of February. The East part and the Vestfjords have had some snow this winter but here in the South (where the capital is) has had no snow, except for few days.

But Iceland is notorious for quick weather change it can be sunny and bright and an hourlate it´s snowing, and then 2 hours later it´s raining.

Some years ago we had an elite german alpine platoon that was gonna hike across "Vatnajökul" WaterGlacier wich is the biggest glacier in Europe not counting Greenland. They were well equiped for alpine climate but they did not take into account the suddend weather changes. Few days into the trip they walked into heavy rain and higher temp, soon after few days of rain the temp fell rapitly and it was freezing and nothing was dry after the rain. So they radioed for help and an Rescue team was dispatched to get them of the glacier.

This was in the late 1980s but we see travelers better equiped today luckily.

Back