First Cook on New 26in!

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
I was lucky enough to receive a new 26 inch Weber for my birthday/Christmas gift. Thought I would give it a spin with some chicken thighs that were brined for a few hours and seasoned with some Slap Your Daddy Chicken. Simple post for a simple meal.

Unfortunately no finished pics or plate pics, but love the room on the new grill!

Happy Grilling/Smoking!

Great looking chicken Mike. You're going to love that grill. I don't use mine all the time, but it sure is handy to have when you need the space.

Last edited:
Congrats on the 26er! I got one (used) awhile back and I cooked my Thanksgiving Turkey on it. What impressed me most (other than all that real estate) is how easy it is to maintain consistent temp. A world of caution, it will hold cooking temp even after all the coals have burned out. That's the lesson I learned with our turkey. The coals were stone cold out before the temp actually started to drop. Keep a weary eye on your coals during your long cooks

Congrats on the 26 Mike, that chicken is looking good.
Enjoy and looking forward to seeing lots of cooks.

You'll love the 26, get a roti for it. We use ours all the time. You're right about the 26 seeming to hold temp even after the coals are gone. I have to keep a close eye on mine and remind myself to check the coals even if the temp seems fine.

Congrats on the 26!!! Won $800 through fantasy football, and I'm torn between getting a 26in kettle or a 22in WSM...

There is no bad choice here, but if I had to choose I'd go with the 26". I believe the 26 to be more versatile. Good luck with what ever you buy and be sure to show us a pic of what you get.

Bill

Back