First attempt at beef short ribs

Edison W

TVWBB Fan
I've seen so many cooks of beef short ribs lately that I decided to give it a shot. Probably not the highest quality meat (but sufficient enough for a first go round) and not that meaty at all. Seasoned with salt and pepper and smoked with hickory at 275 for about 3.5 hours. Turned out very tender and juicy, but I realized that I just don't really care for the taste of beef ribs...but nice knowing that I can cook them if requested. Overall I was the most pleased with the baked potato. First time making one on the smoker, and I was shocked at how tasty and fluffy it turned out. Asparagus cooked on the gasser. Sorry about the pics...used my phone...too lazy to break out the Nikon DSLR today.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Haven't had beef short ribs in a long time! That tender sliced pic is inspiring me though. Pics look good to me.

Great looking ribs...when I do short ribs, I smoke at 250° for about 3-4 hours, then cover and braise in some beer for about two hours...come out fantastic.

See throwdown #19.

Beef ribs looks great and I'd never have known the pics came from a phone, really nice image quality.

Edison,

Those look really fine to me. I have been threatening to do some short ribs myself. Now I am going to have to give them a go. I hope mine turn out as good as those did!

Regards,

John

Beef short ribs are my most favorite BBQ meat.
Next time make mashed potatoes with the smoked tatas. My best mashed potatoes were done that way.

Back