Finally got the Performer !!!

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
So Good News !!

After last week's failure, found another one on CL. Slightly longer drive (about 2 hours to CT), but the one I got is in pristine condition. For $200, got the grill, the cover and a mostly full gas canister. Good guy, wanted it to go to a good home.

Looks like it just came out of the box, and he probably assembled it better than I could !!!

20150712_143734_zpsx8aiiljy.jpg

IMG_6226_zps8b1rvvai.jpg

IMG_6225_zpsjhqenazw.jpg

IMG_6227_zps0j37whj7.jpg

IMG_6229_zpsahpcgrup.jpg

Last edited:
Jim, funny you should say that, had my 16 year old son along for the ride, he suggested steaks as the maiden cook. Problem is, he and his twin brother have 4 friends over tonight. Even though I got a great price, still not enough to cover steaks for six 16 year old boys (who eat like men). :cool:

Last edited:
Jim, funny you ahould say that, had my 16 year old son along for the ride, he suggested steaks as the maiden cook. Problem is, he and his twin brother have 4 friends over tonight. Even though I got a great price, still not enough to cover steaks for six 16 year old boys (who eat like men). :cool:

check with the butcher and see how much top round is. Generally less expensive than other cuts and makes a great London Broil.

BTW, congrats on the Performer. She looks beautiful.

Nice pick up Brian!!! Craigslist is such a WONDERFUL resource for us BBQ guys. Picked up a green Crate and Barrel Performer a few weeks back. Enjoy!!!

That is arguably the best grill, EVER! It looks to be in GREAT condition, too. Nice score!

Do a bunch of hot wings using Weber's Kick 'n Chicken (indirect, then finishing direct to crisp the skin) and I bet those boys will smack their lips and ask for more. I always brine poultry for 30 minutes to an hour, then lightly oil the chicken with EVOO and apply the rub.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Ok, did the first cook, no steaks, just burgers, dogs and corn. Tasted great, looking forward to getting to know this grill better !!

20150712_210755_zpssuvoqm6h.jpg

Brian, I searched CL for over a year before I found my performer! I couldn't be happier with it! Great find on an awesome looking grill I know you're gonna love using!!
Tim

Back