Finally Cooked Some BB Ribs

Steve_Williams

TVWBB Fan
Finally got smoker going. I have been in the hospital lately. Not cooking as I await a new heart.

Felt great to smoke some baby back ribs and have family over. Costco ribs were huge and very meaty! Did the 3-2-1 cook and they turned out great.

Can't wait to cook more often. Is there such a thing as heart healthy bbq?

Steve

Steve;
I'm glad you were able to do something interesting and worthwhile in spite of your physical problems.

I don't currently have a heart problem but battle weight from time to time. My method, which seems to be working, is to limit myself to one good meal a day. I'm on a high protein diet but supper is MINE! I do work on portion control. It seems to be working for me.

Hopefully, you can work something out similar.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Hi Steve, prayers as you wait. Two years ago my wife gave our son a kidney. My prayer for you is that a heart comes your way soon. And also a always hot smoker and a fridge full of meat to smoke. :)

Hang in there Steve. Personally, I shoot for portion control and I've been trying to limit things like the ribs, and pork butt to maybe once a week or every other week. Other than that, while I get the smoker going, I will usually get out on my bike for a few miles and pedal off some calories beforehand.

Back