Filet Mignon

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Safeway had their beef tenderloin on sale for a few days so I picked up a couple of steaks. Sauteed some mushrooms and made a mustard sauce. Sided up with a couple of wonderful white potatoes and asparagus.

Got the mushrooms going first. Sweated them in some butter,sherry and a little salt and pepper. Set aside.

enhance

Ready for a little salt and pepper. Recipe called for fleur de sel. It was $11 at our store. Sorry, but fine sea salt worked just fine.

enhance

Got them on a screaming hot 10" CI Pan.

enhance

Makes for a nice crust.

enhance

The mustard sauce. I made it in the same pan as the meat was cooked in. Did not wipe the pan. Sauteed the shallots then deglazed with some brandy. Finally added heavy cream and simmered until nice and thick.

enhance

Threw on some asparagus spears while the potato was cooking.

enhance

Brought the steaks up to 147 on the cool side of the grill.

enhance
[/IMG]

Plated it up.

enhance

enhance

Good to the last bite.

enhance

I was pleased with this cook. My wife loved everything. The meat was delicious and we really liked the white potatoes. Very creamy texture. Might try and squeeze in one more cook before the new year. Thanks for looking everyone![/IMG]

Last edited:
Cliff, I'll take that last bite. That is over the top and I love the mustard sauce. Happy New Year.

Nice cook Cliff. We are doing filet's tonight. My 9 year old daughter has acquired a taste for them.

If I could get my wife to eat beef, well, not ruined beef(cooked to gray), I’d do more. I just have a really hard time doing that to a piece of nice beef! Next time she goes away, I will gorge myself!

Back