Favorite hot sauce.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I’m on a hot sauce kick these days.

Just threw out some Melinda’s black truffle I bought.

Have many of the usual suspects but I’m looking for some suggestions.

One of my favorites Chuck O recommended is TJ’s Peri Peri.

Tons to choose from out there, Bruno, for sure! I've always enjoyed this one, and the proceeds go to a good cause....(they also have a Habanero version, and a Ghost version....)

1712363839060.png

This is my favorite & the only one that has a permanent home on my kitchen counter top! It pairs well with both chicken & beef, primarily in Mexican dishes. It has some heat but I have learned to respect it when applying it to different foods. It is has been around forever & can easily be found.

It all depends on the meal. Some just don’t go with certain foods. El Yucateco is a solid, I’ve got maybe 5 of those, I’m a Tabasco fan, Marie Sharps, Cholula, etc. Crystal is always good flavor, not very hot but bomb on tacos. Have recently had Tony Chachares on everything, as I like their dry seasoning.

The only thing I refuse to buy is franks. Awful stuff

I like all sorts of hot sauces. I guess my favorite is original Tabasco. I don't find it particularly hot but I like the flavor it adds. In an other thread I think I mentioned that I mix Tabasco about 50/50 with ketchup. Oh, wait... THAT was the thread, I think... the catsup vs ketchup thread...:ROFLMAO:

Searing hot green sauce. Hard to find. Shop in Texas that had it last was Tears of Joy Sauces and they closed down.

20240405_200609.jpg20240405_200621.jpg

It all depends on the meal. Some just don’t go with certain foods. El Yucateco is a solid, I’ve got maybe 5 of those, I’m a Tabasco fan, Marie Sharps, Cholula, etc. Crystal is always good flavor, not very hot but bomb on tacos. Have recently had Tony Chachares on everything, as I like their dry seasoning.

The only thing I refuse to buy is franks. Awful stuff
Tim,
Crystal has an extra hot version we like. It's difficult to find in North Alabama, we load up when we are in Gulf shores.

I picked this one up recently.......I always was looking at it but the price was very high, which kept me from ordering it.
My bbq joint had a one day sale going on and I found it at half price so I grabbed it....
I believe they refer to themselves as luxury condiments, or hot sauce or something....
I do like it, its not really hot but they do offer a hotter version which now again I won't be buying.

All the offers are here.

1712404221565.png

I like different hot sauces with different foods.
Sriracha for Asian...but it's kind of universal. Huy Fong is very good but when their "shortage" started, I found some very worthy replacements-Tabasco Sriracha, Texas Pete's, Cha are excellent.
For other than Asian...Chrystal, Chrystal +Garlic, Valentina is extremely popular near us and is in every Mexican grocery.
A local favorite that is produced in NJ by a local surfer and his buddies: Hank Sauce...guy was my son-in-law's roommate in college. His hot sauce business took off.
I get gifted quite a bit of the Hank's from my daughter and SIL.
Tabasco and seafood were made for each other and I find Tabasco to be one of the hottest. I'm of the mindset that hot sauce is meant to enhance the food you put it on, not make you regret eating it for two days.
20240406_075348.jpg

Honestly many years ago when I began seeing all the rage over Sriracha I bought a bottle of that original one (that everyone clamors for). Tried it a few times in a few different things. Honestly? Hated the taste of it. IDK why but just hated it. Wife as well hated it. It sat in fridge got old and crusty like me and I tossed it

I like different hot sauces with different foods.
Sriracha for Asian...but it's kind of universal. Huy Fong is very good but when their "shortage" started, I found some very worthy replacements-Tabasco Sriracha, Texas Pete's, Cha are excellent.
For other than Asian...Chrystal, Chrystal +Garlic, Valentina is extremely popular near us and is in every Mexican grocery.
A local favorite that is produced in NJ by a local surfer and his buddies: Hank Sauce...guy was my son-in-law's roommate in college. His hot sauce business took off.
I get gifted quite a bit of the Hank's from my daughter and SIL.
Tabasco and seafood were made for each other and I find Tabasco to be one of the hottest. I'm of the mindset that hot sauce is meant to enhance the food you put it on, not make you regret eating it for two days.
View attachment 88894
I love both the chili garlic and the sombal.

Anyone remember “One eyed Willie’s Peter pepper sauce”? That stuff was great! Made by a friend down in Athens Ga. Fabulous flavor! Not just HOT, it had FLAVOR!

The Habanero is probably the favorite here. I had a bottle of the Ghost and it lasted over 2 years as 2 drops where all we could take on a dish.
1712416281171.png

Back