Favorite bread for pulled pork

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
Hey folks -
I smoking my first butt Friday night. Going to have some friends over Saturday to enjoy the hopefully delicious outcome - what is your favorite or preferred bread to go with some pulled pork??

Jim

Jim

Simple as it sounds, my favorite is the "cheapest" hamburger buns I can buy.

It's not the money savings, I like the taste of the buns, maybe there sweeter or somthing. IMO

Kings Hawaiian are always a hit, small and a little sweet. PP with a little vinegar based sauce on one of these ummmm ummmm

You can get them anywhere here but Costco has a big pack.

HEY you're in NC you should be telling us what's best
icon_smile.gif
jk

http://www.kingshawaiian.com/p...ts/rolls-12-pack.php

Arepas (those in the pic have cheese in them; they're great for PP though) and cat head biscuits. Me, not fond of squishy white rolls for anything.

Why mess with bread at all, for me it takes away. Smoked Pulled pork on a plate with sauce over the top, that's what I'm talkin about!

Sesame seed buns? me too from S. Rosen. They make the buns that made the Chicago hot dog famous. The Klassic Kaiser and steakhouse buns are great lightly toasted also.

Tim

Wow - lots of different ideas. Guess I'm going to be smoking a lot of pork this summer!!!

Kevin - the pic of the arepas looked awesome and I was going to ask for the recipe - but I kept reading and saw you posted the detail a little further down the thread. Haven't had them stuffed like that - almost like a papusa - but frankly, looks better! Can't wait to try these!

White bread,or there is a brand called Bunny bread that makes a bbq bread. It's sesame seed topped pull apart bread that's a little sweeter than white bread. Good stuff either way.

Originally posted by D Brazil:
Why mess with bread at all, for me it takes away. Smoked Pulled pork on a plate with sauce over the top, that's what I'm talkin about!
Thats the way I do it most times,a really good thin vinegar sauce if I go the sauce route.

Skip the bread, homemade flour tortillas or homemade corn tortillas is the best for pulled pork.

Another vote for no bread. However, if we do bread I like a hard roll with a good crust on it.

Back