Father’s Day Dinner

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Barb had to work until 6pm on Father’s day so we planned something simple.
My son sent me a gift pack from Chicago Steaks Company so we decided to try their burgers. Also tried a sweet potato fry recipe. Added some tots and frozen fries just in case which was a good call. Did the burgers on the Gen2000 with the little griddle. Burgers were good and being that we were both tired the right thing to do.

100_6068.JPG

Our three gassers for the summer, can't use charcoal because of the fire restrictions.
100_6082.JPG

All the others in summer hibernation.100_6079.JPG

100_6084.JPG

The sweet tatters were horrible.
100_6089.JPG
Thanks for stopping by.

Nice Weber family pic, and the burgers look terrific. And you can never go wrong with three types of potatoes on the side !!

How were the burgers, how did you turn the kettle into a gasser, and how does the kettle gasser cook?
Actually that is a conversion kit which is a Weber product that was gifted to me by Stephen a member who lives in Australia. As far as I know it's the only one in the USA as it was never sold here. I tried to register it with Weber and they denied it's existence here.
Greatest chicken cooker on the planet. It has two heat levels, one that simulates the first hour of high heat coals and the lower temperature as the coals start to burn down. When it's on high it will peg the thermometer on the kettle.

Actually that is a conversion kit which is a Weber product that was gifted to me by Stephen a member who lives in Australia. As far as I know it's the only one in the USA as it was never sold here. I tried to register it with Weber and they denied it's existence here.
Greatest chicken cooker on the planet. It has two heat levels, one that simulates the first hour of high heat coals and the lower temperature as the coals start to burn down. When it's on high it will peg the thermometer on the kettle.
That is so cool, a, true one of a kind!

Has anyone used that pellet conversion addition for the kettle? Seems like an interesting concept. Don't know if anyone else just makes a simple gas flame conversion.

Another question for you, can you use your pellet smoker during drought restrictions?

That's a gray area, there is no mention in the restrictions it specifically says no charcoal, fire pits or any other open flame. Propane and natural gas grills and stoves are allowed. So with the pellet grill having a enclosed fire box which doesn't fit either Yes or no. I will use it occasionally until I hear I can't use it. I will also have it in sight when using it.

If they haven't clearly defined it yet, and you're in a somewhat confined backyard area, I would think OK until told otherwise as well.;)

Nice looking burgers Rich! I've been on a burger kick lately.

Could you take a photo of the inside of your converted gas kettle with the grate removed? I have some ideas brewing that may or may not involve a kettle, a bayou classic burner and a regulator valve... Hmm maybe I could retro a burner into the 14.5" WSM. The wheels are turning!

They just announced that the forests will be closing down here. Certain campgrounds will allow campfires but not all. Charcoal, pellets, wood cookers also fall into this closure (Forest and Bureau of land Management lands). Private lands still okay to have fires unless the owners follow forestry rules, which some private forests that are open to the public do.

Taking all my charcoal, non-gas cookers and fire pits out of the cargo camper for the rest of the summer season. If its like last year won't open up again until late fall.

Nice looking burgers Rich! I've been on a burger kick lately.

Could you take a photo of the inside of your converted gas kettle with the grate removed? I have some ideas brewing that may or may not involve a kettle, a bayou classic burner and a regulator valve... Hmm maybe I could retro a burner into the 14.5" WSM. The wheels are turning!

They just announced that the forests will be closing down here. Certain campgrounds will allow campfires but not all. Charcoal, pellets, wood cookers also fall into this closure (Forest and Bureau of land Management lands). Private lands still okay to have fires unless the owners follow forestry rules, which some private forests that are open to the public do.

Taking all my charcoal, non-gas cookers and fire pits out of the cargo camper for the rest of the summer season. If its like last year won't open up again until late fall.
Thanks the burgers were really good.
I feel your pain Case, don't expect to see my performer and mini until late Sept or early Oct if the state doesn't burn down first, Got six large fires going on already with one pushing 120,000 acres and 10% contained.
Sent you a PM.

Back