Fat Boys on the Hasty Bake

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Here we are a couple of hours in. Fat boy Flanken Ribs from Snake River Farms. These are one of my favorites.
BTU's are JD lump & Fogo axe breaker lump with a fist sized pecan wood chunk cut into 5 small pieces.
A couple people a while back said a low air vent below the grate doesnt work. Maybe not on a Pellet smoker, but it works fine on my Hasty Bake.
lKWbBPY.jpg

5.5 hours later pulled these bad boys off. 235-240 range. A couple of spuds to go along.
gnxfx9P.jpg

Plated pic. Nice smoke ring, no ashtray taste. The Hasty Bake is a outstanding smoker.
QCRhNDf.jpg

Forget about your smoke fire's. Get a quality unit like this and learn how to do some BBQ'n
And I didn't need my phone app to help me (even if I had a phone app)
Have a nice weekend everyone!

Nice pics. I have been trying to score a HB for 2 years now.
Hopefully, one of these days I can find one.

According to this thread, everyone who purchased a SmokeFire should dump it, buy a more costly unit, then learn how to do some outdoor barbecue :p

I've been lusting after a Hasty Bake from the first time I heard about them here. I love the adjustable coal bed. That's about all my charcoal grill has in common with a HB. Oh, and those ribs look spectacular.

The person who initially cut the ribs did a nice job of leaving some meat on the bones - great job, Russ!

Back