Fajitas!

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I got a pretty good fajita marinade recipe from Grill This, Not That!: Backyard Survival Guide:

¼ cup olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp sugar
1 chipotle pepper in adobo
2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp cumin

puree mixture and add steak to marinade.

I vacuum bagged a skirt steak and let it swim in that marinade for a couple days, sliced a bell pepper and an onion, hit the veggies with some Penzy's BBQ of the America's and olive oil, and slapped them on the flat iron over some lump with the steaks on the sides. We normally have a few more fixin's but tonight we didn't so we served it with Albert's and ate what we had. This steak was awesome! LOL

IMG_1444_zpsf455da21.jpg

IMG_1445_zps79f50fa4.jpg

IMG_1446_zpsfb32008f.jpg

IMG_1447_zps34feb0c8.jpg

Last edited:
I bet the long marinade time really made that skirt tasty. Try charring and skinning some poblanos to mix in with your bp and onions some time. We like to mix a couple with red and yellow bell peppers. My wife has two of the same size cis's, and I was just asking her the other day if I could have one for using on the grill. Maybe she'll let me have one if I show her your fajitas.

Looks good. The only thing I would change is to put the veggies directly on the grill rather than in a pan. Gives them a much better "grilled" flavor.
For you adventurous types, I've made chicken liver fajitas a few times (I need to eat lots of iron due to anemia). They are awesome. I don't marinate them long but I might have to give your recipe a try.

Back