Every meal except this week........

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
like a said on the other thread, except this week, I was not home for dinner for 2 days. I had a little stay in the hospital (nobody missed me?) lol

Speaking of which, has anyone been in a hospital recently and noticed a change in them?

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!

It is GREAT TO BE BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed you all very much!!! Boy, the place where I was, sure could use your cooking skills. lol They had the nerve to try and put me on a liquid diet. I should have stayed there. lol They served me TWICE chicken that was the worst, driest chicken I have ever eaten.

Glad everyone seems ok here. STAY HEALTHY!!!!!! Both you and your family. Drop by and say HI!!!!!!

Good to hear that all is good for you. Nothing too serious I hope. Where I worked before retirement that would have a local store bring in chicken for lunch. We nick named it “CARDBOARD CHICKEN”. LOL

like a said on the other thread, except this week, I was not home for dinner for 2 days. I had a little stay in the hospital (nobody missed me?) lol

Speaking of which, has anyone been in a hospital recently and noticed a change in them?
All I can say, it did not seem very well organized. It was as if the left hand had no idea what the right hand was doing. Very scary!!!!!!! A lot of the hospitals in our area have been bought out by one company. And a lot of the staff was not from the US. Being a little hard of hearing and everyone wearing masks, it was very hard to understand what they were saying to me.

Last year I spent a few days in a University of Colorado Hospital, Loveland, Co. Between the EMTs and hospital staff, they saved my life. No complaints there. The food was a cardiac diet and it wasn't bad. No dry meat and good tasting veggies. I missed my granddaughter's wedding but she was glad to still have me around.

All I can say, it did not seem very well organized. It was as if the left hand had no idea what the right hand was doing. Very scary!!!!!!! A lot of the hospitals in our area have been bought out by one company. And a lot of the staff was not from the US. Being a little hard of hearing and everyone wearing masks, it was very hard to understand what they were saying to me.
Joan first of all glad you are okay. In regards to a lot of hospitals being bought out by one company have you ever seen the movie with Jack Nicholson called "The Bucket List" really good movie don't want to give it away but his company buying hospitals cutting back on everything once he bought them is really interesting at the beginning of the movie.

My Wife worked OB for 30 yrs. It's tough being a healthcare worker and especially recently with the Hell they had to endure.
She was always having it out with managers over staffing issues.
She was always for the patient, not profit, which is what they want.

Tim its getting better my daughter is a nurse in ICU which not all nurse's can handle the turnover in that dept is very high. But in the last year has gotten multiple raises and retention bonus money. Its finally swinging to their side on the pay side which it should.

But really the big thing is which you need to take into consideration is she works 3 days a week long shifts get it but she works weekends and we help out with my grandaughter who is 10 mos old so if your a mother its a really good job. Her husband has the weekends we get her once or twice during the week depending upon if she picks up an extra shift or not.

Welcome back, glad you are doing okay. I had the joy of spending 7days in the hospital two years ago.
I also was on the cardio diet, only time I lost 12 pounds in a week and never got out of bed. Food was horrid and fortunately tasteless too.

Welcome back, glad you are doing okay. I had the joy of spending 7days in the hospital two years ago.
I also was on the cardio diet, only time I lost 12 pounds in a week and never got out of bed. Food was horrid and fortunately tasteless too.
Rich, 7 days, that sounds like torture to me.

5 days out, and I still can't shake it. Isn't it a shame things are like that. 6 or 7 years ago, my last visit, was such a pleasure, I thought I was on vacation. lol

Back