Egg Rolls, Fried Rice, and Cookies!

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We had some pulled pork left over from the Kalua pork cook so we used it with some shredded cabbage and carrots in some eggroll wrappers. We fired up the OTS and placed the cast-iron skillet and some peanut oil over the fire and fried up the eggrolls. Then we decided to go with some fried rice in a skillet. Finally, we placed the pizza stone on two bricks rapped with aluminum foil and put the cookies on for desert.

This was all done on one chimney of lump.

Last edited:
Very nice, Dwain! I always love your cooks, and this one did not disappoint. It all looks fantastic. Would you mind talking a little more about making the egg rolls? I've never used the wrappers, but I would like to try this. Thanks for a great post!

Mike

WoW @ those rolls! I will print this post out and give to my local Chinese takeaway...Yours sure looks alot better....AWESOME!

Would you mind talking a little more about making the egg rolls?

I'd also like to know more about those egg rolls.

Filling:
1 lb pulled pork (we used left over Kahlua pork)
4 cups finely shredded cabbage (we used angle hair package of cole slaw cabbage)
1 cub shredded carrots
2 tsp ground ginger (we used one since the Kahlua pork was cooked with ginger)
1 tsp garlic powder (we left this out since the Kahlua pork was cooked with garlic)

paste:
2 TBS flour
2 TBS water

Place egg roll wrappers with one corner towards you. Use 1/4 cup of pork/cabbage/carrot mixture onto each wrapper. Fold edge closest to you over mixture, fold sides in, and roll away from you tucking sides in as you go. Brush small amount of paste on last corner to seal the eggroll. Fry in peanut oil.

Geez, I haven't had egg rolls in such a long time, and yours look outstanding. Gotta try some. However, I think I will do mine inside with the AC.....................d

Back