Easy afternoon jalapeño poppers.

I’ve never wrapped them in bacon. I just core the jalapeño, stuff it, and cook it in a jalapeño rack.
Yours look really good. I’m sure they’re better with bacon.

I try to find the smaller Jalapeños & use less then a half of slice of thin bacon with no toothpicks, placed on a small aluminum tray. Mine are meant to be either a side dish or an appetizer.

I try to find the smaller Jalapeños & use less then a half of slice of thin bacon with no toothpicks, placed on a small aluminum tray. Mine are meant to be either a side dish or an appetizer.
This sounds just like my method, except I cut the japs in half lengthwise, so half a slice of bacon is perfect.
Used to make a lot of these but now some of my family don't eat pork, so it's been a while. Think I need to change that.
Yours look great, Jeff.

Awesome Poppers Jeff. I partially cook my bacon and add it to the stuffing. I've never had great success with bacon wrapped poppers. I usually end up with burnt and raw bacon

Thanks all, Full slice of bacon. I look for jalapeños that are about 3"to 3 1/2" long and cut them in half.

Stuffing.
Creme cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese.
one serrano pepper diced.
Mix in a bowl with a fork.

Stuff poppers with small spoon.

Sprinkle with. Cayenne pepper, Paprika, kosher salt, corse black pepper and top with a drizzle of honey.

Wrap with one thick sliced piece of Applewood bacon, secure with 4" bamboo skewer.

Cook to your liking.

I'm quite sure there are many many ways of doing jalapeño poppers, post your recipe if you like.

Have a great day.

I don't wrap with bacon, I never seem to get it cooked just right.
I pre-cook the bacon, crumble it then mix it with a mixture of softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced garlic and lime juice.
I cut the peppers in half, and pipe the cheese mixture into the halves, then grill the them until the cheese is golden brown.
I serve them with a side of chipotle ranch dipping sauce. Basically, it's ranch mixed with chipotle powder and a few drops of liquid smoke.

Back