East Meets West in Hot Jersey

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
My wife is out of town for a few days, so I worked on the house with the WSM going.
I picked up a 4.5 lb pack of bone-in loin "country ribs" last night for $7. I thought I'd smoke them and have leftovers for a few days. The price was right, but not particularly thrilled with the cut. I think I'll stick with regular butt-cut country ribs.

East meets West. West eats Meat! Marinated half in a Vietnamese inspired marinade last night. The other half in my homemade pork rub. Set them up on the WSM around 2PM.
photo_zpsebb04f51.jpg

Power-washing the foundation. Hoping to start painting it tomorrow. There's the smoker way down on the end. Just ignore the big rock in the foreground. :p
photo_zpscb608c44.jpg

The deck could use a coat this year, but it'll have to wait until next.
photo_zpsfb7dd5e4.jpg

I don't always eat when I work outside on weekends, so the smoke and pork smell was making me very anxious for dinner. Looking good. Glazed, with another hour to go. Got the OTG started up for smashed potatoes and grilled zucchini. Keeping it simple.
photo_zps4558fbbd.jpg

Smashers were topped with minced shallot with a dash of my rub and butter. Sorry for the poor pic.
photo_zpsadee733b.jpg

Hit the zucchini with balsamic, good olive oil, s&p. Everything was good. Cooling down now...

Thanks for looking.
photo_zps3f83103e.jpg

Enjoy your weekend people! Tomorrow night I'll heat up the Vietnamese "ribs" with some slaw and rice noodles...

Gary, looks great, liked all that CI on the OTG. If you had the heat we had today I hope you just pointed that washer straight up and ran back and fourth thru it.
I used Cabot's Australian Timber Oil on my decks and liked it. I so miss the linseed oil base stuff.
Don't work to hard

Gary - as usual your cook looks incredible - stunning cook. Also love the outdoors shots around your home - I fished the area many times when in Jersey. Please tell us about the big rock?!

Great looking meal, Gary. I don't know how hot it was, but it looks like you found a nice cool spot in the shade.

Gary, EXCELLENT Pork & Smashers/Crashers! I'll bet a C-note they were AWESOME!
You're painting your foundation? Colour? Why? Interesting....
I have a three foot by 30 foot exposed old garage floor outside I have been thinking about painting ocean blue...

Jim I won't get the whole house painted this summer so it's a start to get the foundation done. Going with the Benjamin Moore Sussex green I think it's number HC 109. A sort of dark sage.

Back