E330 NG and LP manifold and valve side by side comparison

@JimV

I ran an E330 NG converted to LP for over a year, converted using orifices and regulator. The low temp on LOW was higher than a factory LP, but it was OK for how I used the grill. I did not test high temps, but I think the NG converted ran hotter than a factory LP, however a factory LP can easily clear 700F on the lid thermometer with all four burners running full tilt.

While the best way is to swap the valves ( or manifold with valves ) just changing the orifices is OK when going from NG to LP.

And, mentioning the obvious, an LP regulator is needed. Without that it would be KABOOM time.

Other things that need to be changed to go from NG to LP
- cut a hole in the floor for the tank to recess into
- add the tank hanger on the inside
- add a heat shield to the slide out bottom pan ( <--- you likely don't have that on your NG version 310 )

Another option is to outboard the tank as I did in this thread.

Last edited:
I decided to put the grill in question up for sale as a project grill and move on from it. This grill is very blah and thus I am not enthused about 20 hours of labor to bring it back. I have it listed for $50 on FB. I need to clear out everything so I can get this shop cleaned out. Also 10-4 on the tank on the outside.....I do that maneuver every time I do a wood floor replacement. I just finished one today as a matter of fact. I always buy a tank cover when I do the outside tank method....people like the look and the grills sell fast.

Attachments

• 20240214_171246.jpg
    20240214_171246.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240214_171400.jpg
    20240214_171400.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240214_165445.jpg
    20240214_165445.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 10
Thanks guys......I always tell myself to buy smart but in the off season I fall sucker to some real dogs and always regret it. Happy to let this ole girl go to someone else.

Yep I just broke down a Spirit and a Sidewinder into a real nice bucket of parts. Heck the nuts bolts and screws are sometimes a life saver when working on a real peach and a piece of hardware is needed. Also thermometers, regulators, hood emblems, and starters come in handy and dont take up near as much space as a big ole grill. I cant cure myself from Weberitis but I sure can cure myself from dragging home crap!

Back