Dusted off the old Rotisserie

Rick P

TVWBB Pro
I've had this thing for probably 20 years, and have only used it a handful of times. I got tired of tripping over it and stuck it on Old Faithful.

I dry-brined a chicken the night before, then rubbed some Walkerswood jerk paste under, and over, the skin. It spun for an hour and I pulled it when the breast hit 165, and rested it for 20 minutes. I can kick mself for not using it more often!roti.jpgrotisserie.jpg

Nice looking bird. I'm quality of not using my roti also.
Yeah.....and I really have no excuse. They're simple to use.

I'm gonna hit Costco and see if the rack-of-pork, (that they stock up on around Easter),is on sale yet. If so, that's on deck for the next spin.

Yeah.....and I really have no excuse. They're simple to use.

I'm gonna hit Costco and see if the rack-of-pork, (that they stock up on around Easter),is on sale yet. If so, that's on deck for the next spin.
Yeah, I just got my Rotisserie and can't stop using it, but a rack of pork or a pork tenderloin is next on my to do list. That chicken looks so good.

Holy cow, I just remembered I’ve got a chicken sitting in the fridge! Better spin that for dinner!!
I’m going to revisit an old Graham Kerr recipe and adapt for rotisserie, it was one of the first recipes I ever attempted when I was maybe 13 years old. It is pretty simple, stuff the bird with onion studded with a handful of cloves, rub the outside with powdered ginger and put a tablespoon of brandy in the cavity just as you shut the oven door. I may skip that and give it a wee dram just as it comes out? I’ll think that one over. Maybe load up the misto and spray it inside a little then stuff the onion in. Drizzle butter over it now and again as it spins? Why not!

Last edited:
Yeah, I just got my Rotisserie and can't stop using it, but a rack of pork or a pork tenderloin is next on my to do list. That chicken looks so good.
Racks do very well on the roti, never done tenderloins, let us know how those work out. I think I’d double them up and truss them together. I don’t know. Or are you talking about a loin? Those are a “gimme” super simple, especially since they are basically a cylinder to begin with!
Well, granted it’s early but, I think I will go set the thing up for tonight! Thanks guys!!

I've had this thing for probably 20 years, and have only used it a handful of times. I got tired of tripping over it and stuck it on Old Faithful.

I dry-brined a chicken the night before, then rubbed some Walkerswood jerk paste under, and over, the skin. It spun for an hour and I pulled it when the breast hit 165, and rested it for 20 minutes. I can kick mself for not using it more often!View attachment 25877View attachment 25878
By far the best of all the Weber accessories that I have bought in the last 10 years that I have owned them is my rotisserie ring. Faultless poutry, amazing skin on pork joints - amazing. Same can't be said for the Spirit 300 one - never even used.

Just swore at myself about not checking the powdered ginger status! I had to shift gears and since I had already spitted the bird with the clove stuffed onion already installed. Had to punt, thank you Zehnders! I have the kids pick up a bottle on the way to the cottage, I never know when I will run out. Right now, I’m a whole bottle ahead (the only covid benefit I can think of). So this bird is spinning with a lovely yellow coating of that instead of the ginger. I will do that and post pix of that when I get my ducks in a row again.

Back