0Gj4NlZ.jpg

Y3htj6M.jpg

2UXEXf8.jpg

U2OXIOG.jpg

VoPvMtQ.jpg

gEKsntX.jpg

PzbpfCx.jpg

TCeIQuu.jpg

Sorry for the lousy sliced photo, no sooner did I slice it and people were walking off with a piece. Good rub, next time I probably will pull it at 160, not 165 and I might microwave the taters to give them ahead start

Since a picture speaks 1000 words, you just wrote an epic! Looks great Chuck!
So, 5 minutes to zap the spuds?
I might play with that soon.

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention, I picked that Duck up at Costco. I hadn't seen it there before. Well worth the price of admission. Also, that Trader Joe's Zinfandel is really good for $4.50 a bottle. I went back and bought a case

Tony/Tim; the temp was about 400 degrees, the lid was on throughout the cook. The Duck went from 150 to 165 in the space of about 10 minutes, I suggest pulling it at 160, not 165. I think if I had zapped the taters in the microwave for 5 minutes before putting them in the BBQ it would have gone along way. Yukon taters probably would be a better choice too

Wow! That is an amazing meal. I love duck, unfortunately DW does not.

As far as the drip pan taters, I found that on the kettle, the heat is coming from the sides because the pan is on the charcoal grate; microwaving them first is the way to go. On the Genesis, I set the pan on the flavor bars so heat is coming from below and microwaving is not necessary.

Back