Dual probe wirless remote thermometer

Kevin L (NKY)

TVWBB Diamond Member

Can not wait for this to show up, I have read about the single probe model and what the people say about them and then I saw this Paul probe for about 20.00 bucks more and it ships through Amazon so if bogus the return will be easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got it delivered and I am charging it up and reading the manual.
Looks very nice ,simple so far and compact.
We are to get snow/rain mix the next couple days so I may practice in the oven on something . Just to get the feel of it.

I just saw that this unit that I bought o. Sale has jumped up in price from 91. To over 130. Bucks I got it just in time .
We are sharing rain with So Cal. Now so in a few days I should be able to try it out.

I clicked your link and I‘m seeing it for $81.
This is really tempting .
This is near half price if I’m seeing it right.
Is it the same one?
IMG_0945.png

I’m about as far NW as you can get in the lower 48
We just had an arctic chill here and I’m trying to schedule a trip to Arizona to visit friends
Our weather is sweet now (for us anyway) so Im gonna hold off until Arizona’s rain stops and temps get back into the 80 degree temp area.

Correct I was looking at Amazon price my mistake,
Your price is still correct.
When I bought mine off a web site it switched me to Amazon for the purchase, then added in the discount price . If you go to Amazon it will show you the regular price before discount

Last edited:
i Tried this out in the oven last evening for two reasons 1) i needed to educate my self,and 2) it helped heat the house a bit, it was snowing here last night. anyway way it worked real smooth for a first time use i will get better with it but i do like no cables to mess with. and clean up was a breeze.
this package also comes with a stiff brush to clean that brown ring off the probes i used both probes to make sure they work.
and it reads meat temp and oven temp.

I would be interested in you checking out the range through a garage and basement if possible. My Meater works on wifi and I get a stable connection everywhere. When I last tried a Bluetooth one it did not even make it in the house by a window.

I would be interested in you checking out the range through a garage and basement if possible. My Meater works on wifi and I get a stable connection everywhere. When I last tried a Bluetooth one it did not even make it in the house by a window.

I will have to check on that, we do not have basements Gere but I can go through the house to the garage and see if it still holds a signal. Then if it disconnects how hard is it to reconnect to the probe again

I will have to check on that, we do not have basements Gere but I can go through the house to the garage and see if it still holds a signal. Then if it disconnects how hard is it to reconnect to the probe again
Thanks for posting this thread, Kevin. I'm intrigued. Can you keep us updated for a bit?? Wondering about connectivity

Thanks for posting this thread, Kevin. I'm intrigued. Can you keep us updated for a bit?? Wondering about connectivity
Ok it will be a while as we are sharing weather with SoCali now, today was a nice heavy wet snow about 3 to 4 inches which AZ can really use. And today afew of us all met at my church as we bought into a cow butchered it rhen today split up the meat. So I will have a few pieces parts what have you to play with.

The reason I bought this is that it has no wires to mess with clean etc. So far in the oven it worked good, but I was only 50 feet away on the treadmill mill during the cook. I do not have long distances around here to check how far it goes on connectivity, but I will do the best i can .

The connection isn’t to the probe. It is to the charging base then to the probe. You may need to leave the charging base next to the grill/smoker. The lid reduces the range from the probe to the base. Most of the time I put the base inside the kitchen which is 15ft from my SS Performer. Last weekend I had potatoes down on the chacoal grate and had to leave the base outside… BTW, 205 is the perfect temp for baked potatoes. I haven’t tired the probes with my WSM. From the base the range is good at my house and can get 75’ back to the bedroom or down into my basement which is all I really need. Much better than my little Weber iGrill Mini units which would disconnect beyond 40ft. If the TempSpike does disconnect (either probe or base) just walking back into range reconnects automatically. WiFi on the Meater is a big plus, but the TempSpike is a good deal for two probes. I like the app quite a bit but wish there was an Apple Watch app. Much better than Weber’s app but I can see my Weber probes on my watch.

It would be great to hear from any other users for the pros and cons of the Thermo Probe single or double and anymore good tips like the one from Doug.

So today I am smoking a 10lb brisket that a couple wanted me to one for Sundays fellowship lunch I got the coals going evenly and put the meat on at 223pm AZ time we don't nocstimking DST!!!
The probes are working great so far the smoker is outside my garage and I can read the temps in my living room 2 doors and two rooms away like 80 feet.
I will let you know how it goes with any problems. Oh yeah I used the one probe to chech my ovens temp. Also. 171 to 165.

A good range test I drove to the store for more heavy duty large foil, and and when I got the corner about 5 to 6 feet got a loud alarm and no temps showing. Got back home hit add a device and temps all poped back up.
Running as normal.

I am doing a brisket right now and I am in the house in kitchen table watching the remote temps on my phone. The WSM is about 80 feet and 2 doors away the WSM is outside my garage.
To test the range ji drovevto the store for some wide foil and when I got about 550 to 600 feet away from the smoker I got a loud alarm showing I had no connection.
When I got home I just hit add a device and reconnect that easy working real good so fsr

I bought the Twin TempSpike a couple months ago and used it last week for the first time in our indoor oven. The meat temperature was highly accurate but the ambient was grossly understated. I need to explore it more to ensure I used it within the design parameters, check the other probe, etc. But the ambient did give an accurate reading when resting on the countertop.

I bought the Twin TempSpike a couple months ago and used it last week for the first time in our indoor oven. The meat temperature was highly accurate but the ambient was grossly understated. I need to explore it more to ensure I used it within the design parameters, check the other probe, etc. But the ambient did give an accurate reading when resting on the countertop.

I noticed this also and I adjusted my probes to give more space from the outside walls of the WSM and the ambient temps were alot better but not perfect still abit high.

Yesterday, the Wife made lasagna for dinner and, midway through the cook, I thought to use the same probe to see how it behaved. This time, the ambient temp worked perfectly.

If I did something wrong last week I don't know what it was; I've been using a Meater Block for over 3 years, so it's not like I'm not familiar with this type of thermometer.

Yesterday, the Wife made lasagna for dinner and, midway through the cook, I thought to use the same probe to see how it behaved. This time, the ambient temp worked perfectly.

If I did something wrong last week I don't know what it was; I've been using a Meater Block for over 3 years, so it's not like I'm not familiar with this type of thermometer.

I looked at the meter box after seeing many use like Brett and others showing the read out if the cook, anyway it was alitte pricey to a person on a fixed income, so I chanced this as it was not the cheapest but has a good company back ground.
I still need to learn more about this tool , I did see one thing while using my WSM I did nit want to stick in to the grill so I had to find someplace somewhat close to the meat probes to keep a strong signal.

Back