Drunkin potatoes.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Used JimK's recipie.
Only had 3# of baby and reds so added 2# of Brussel sprouts. Used a bottle Guinness's and six cloves of pealed garlic. Rubbed some bratts on the performer.

Attachments

• 20201208_124247.jpg
    20201208_124247.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20201208_151702.jpg
    20201208_151702.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201208_154032.jpg
    20201208_154032.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201208_160002.jpg
    20201208_160002.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20201208_160010.jpg
    20201208_160010.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20201208_160513.jpg
    20201208_160513.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Looks really tasty, I never rub anything on a sausage....never thought it would stay.
I don't know the potato recipe but with beer sounds interesting.

Thanks, when I smoke my sausage they stay dry and really change colour with the cherry wood.
They come out pretty smoky but I think my temps are lower than your look lol, the skin doesn't break when I do it and the sausages are very very juicy. So far they have been a big hit but I do like a good potato side.

Great cook but what really caught my eye was the board! I need one like that...where'd you get it?

Thanks, when I smoke my sausage they stay dry and really change colour with the cherry wood.
They come out pretty smoky but I think my temps are lower than your look lol, the skin doesn't break when I do it and the sausages are very very juicy. So far they have been a big hit but I do like a good potato side.
That's the difference between " smoking" sausage compared to grilling or using a Vortex.
I like smoked sausage on my WSM, but I love grilled or Vortex.;)

I like it. I like the addition of Brussel sprouts. Definitely a good side dish.

I’d be tempted to add my homemade sauerkraut into the mix and cut up the sausage and throw it all together as a casserole!

I’d be tempted to add my homemade sauerkraut into the mix and cut up the sausage and throw it all together as a casserole!
This is a great idea, I also ferment my own cabbage. It is fabulous and using it like this sounds darn tasty to me.

This is a great idea, I also ferment my own cabbage. It is fabulous and using it like this sounds darn tasty to me.
I like to mix the sauerkraut with sliced apples and onions and saute in butter. Then mix in sliced sausage or use the sauteed mixture to top a pork chop. So good.

I like polish & kraut with potatoes, so good idea! I like to add some fresh shredded cabbage also ( or a bag of coleslaw mix w/ carrots)
Adds a nice texture.

Homemade fermented cabbage is one of the better things that comes out of my kitchen.
I use it on a lot of things but never thought to use it with apples like that.
These are great ideas here.
I generally use it for sandwich toppers, tacos......the texture is great, and when making some brats. The recipe I follow was told to me by a very old German lady.......Basically all I could understand was the word Pilsener. It was a good start, but this old lady knew you needed a top shelf beer for the recipe. Basically Brats, butter, beer and kruat.

Homemade fermented cabbage is one of the better things that comes out of my kitchen.
I'm German and Lithuanian and Sauerkraut is very dear and part of growing up.
Grew up in the Back of the Yards > Bridgeport>McKinley Park>Brighton Park areas on the southside of Chicago.
All those areas had a heavy influence of German/ Polish/ Lithuanian immigrants and most of my buddy's had Parents/Grandparents from the old country who crocked cabbage.
Stuff was amazing!
You guys need to try some Kugela.

Last edited:

Back