Does anyone know a good source for old school igniter or rocker switches????

Agreed. No need to overthink the wheel...
What about the electronic igniter idea? Yea or nay? Something cheap and simple like this? A simple block-off plate would work to cover the hole, or a guy could get fancy if he wanted to.

Not sure if this is just the switch that requires a remote module, or if this houses a battery...but there are many others available. It's just a matter of finding one that fits.

Last edited:
Just spit-balling here, tryin' to figure out what you're thinking. Hopefully I can inspire someone to actually make one.

Attachments

• 1643774159951.png
    1643774159951.png
    764.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just uploaded the first .stl file to my public library to put in their print Q. Now idea of how long it will take until it is ready, but I will come here an post if I ever get it;-)

Is that a free service, Joe? Sometimes it takes several tries to get it right, especially if you use someone else's files. Don't get discouraged!

Is that a free service, Joe? Sometimes it takes several tries to get it right, especially if you use someone else's files. Don't get discouraged!
They are supposed to call me within a week with an estimate. I think they charge by weight so it should be rather inexpensive. I will update when they let me know.

Any chance there could be a printer in your future? Jeez, I ought to at least print one out to make sure it even fits before you go and pay for something. That remix doesn't even look different from the original...I think the guy messed up.

Which one are your printing?

Any chance there could be a printer in your future? Jeez, I ought to at least print one out to make sure it even fits before you go and pay for something. That remix doesn't even look different from the original...I think the guy messed up.
I uploaded the original one posted, and I can't imagine it being over $5 - $10 and I have never had anything 3D printed before so it should be fun.

Ok, let me print that one and I'll get back to you. Do you know if they are printing it in PLA?

EDIT: I'll print it in PLA, that's what I have in the machine right now, but I think it would be better in PETG.

EDIT: Slicer is telling me 51 minutes to print. Here we go!

EDIT: The rocker opening of the control panel I have in the house is ~32.7mm x 47.7mm. I have no idea if they are all the same. The printing on the panel is different than the pic that Dan posted.

Last edited:
Ok, let me print that one and I'll get back to you. Do you know if they are printing it in PLA?

EDIT: I'll print it in PLA, that's what I have in the machine right now, but I think it would be better in PETG.

EDIT: Slicer is telling me 51 minutes to print. Here we go!

EDIT: The rocker opening of the control panel I have in the house is ~32.7mm x 47.7mm. I have no idea if they are all the same. The printing on the panel is different than the pic that Dan posted.
The form I submitted had a choice of PLA or PVA and I chose PLA as they said it was less expensive. They also had a choice of color so I picked black.

PVA is a glue as far as I know. They use it for support structures that dissolve in water but it requires a dual extruder. There's new filaments nearly every month so I'm going to have to look into that one.

Last edited:
The flange is wider and about 7mm larger overall and about 1mm thicker, and covers up some of the printing on my panel. I had to do some sanding/filing to get it to start to enter the opening and it fit the opening so closely that there is no way I'm going to be able to force it past the ridges that are intended to retain it. It needs some fine tuning, is what I am saying, at least with my printer and my panel. YMMV

EDIT: I printed the rocker and it fits well without modification. Overall I think it will be very usable and the designer did an excellent job!

Attachments

• 20220201_220211.jpg
    20220201_220211.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220201_215459.jpg
    20220201_215459.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220201_215407.jpg
    20220201_215407.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220202_002754.jpg
    20220202_002754.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220202_002920.jpg
    20220202_002920.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220202_003050.jpg
    20220202_003050.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I like where this is heading. An OEM look pairing of a button and bezel in a quality material is high on the wish list. I’d be in line for a half a dozen or more right out of the box.

The flange is wider and about 7mm larger overall and about 1mm thicker, and covers up some of the printing on my panel. I had to do some sanding/filing to get it to start to enter the opening and it fit the opening so closely that there is no way I'm going to be able to force it past the ridges that are intended to retain it. It needs some fine tuning, is what I am saying, at least with my printer and my panel. YMMV

EDIT: I printed the rocker and it fits well without modification. Overall I think it will be very usable and the designer did an excellent job!
Hi Ed,

It looks like your control panel printing is a little different than the one I posted. I think that bezel will fit the 8006 model from a 98 1000 ( number in lower left corner of the CP) and not interfere with the graphics.

I think I like the look of the original which is thinner, yet if the printed one is more durable it would be a winner.

Looks good and thankyou for the detailed pics. What I was not aware of is that I would need a new the button with the flange as it does not look compatible with the old (new) button I had previously purchased. I will have to submit a new request for the button to be printed also.

Back