Do you want the recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Am I the only one, or do you also want to see the recipes?

If what is in the picture turned out to be very good, why don't they want us to be able to make and enjoy it also. Sorry, I just never understood this.
Oh, maybe they just LOOK good, but taste terrible?

I've been pondering this since you posted this morning..... and my answer is a qualified yes.

If I'm cooking, I'm more interested in the methodology behind the recipe rather than exact measurements, times, etc. I'll grant that I probably should have posted up a pic of the esquites that I've been tinkering with, as it'd be a good example of method vs. recipe.

Having said that, I'll always welcome pics of good food.

It's understandable that this is important to you given your immense collection [catalogs] of recipes but not all of us are wired the same. I come here to escape work; feeling I'm obligated to post a recipe resembles work and would undermine how I use this site.

There are countless sources for recipes, plus it's not uncommon that when I enjoy a new dish I come back to it later and make tweaks that better-suit my taste buds.

I'm just saying that it does not seem polite to me to show something that you really like and enjoy and not want to share.

I have over 200 binders full of recipes. Trust me, I am NOT looking for more!

I'm just saying that it does not seem polite to me to show something that you really like and enjoy and not want to share.
Well, I respect your opinion but I’m pretty sure you are the only member who thinks like this. Folks enjoy seeing photos of prepared food without knowing the recipe behind it, same as enjoying a photo of someone’s new grandchild without knowing all the details of how it was made! Just appreciate it for what it is! :D

All you got to do is ask for the details. They are kind enough to share the cook with pics and a rundown so I don't get this whole polite thing..
Rules of the TVWBB is we like pics!(y)

Well, I respect your opinion but I’m pretty sure you are the only member who thinks like this. Folks enjoy seeing photos of prepared food without knowing the recipe behind it, same as enjoying a photo of someone’s new grandchild without knowing all the details of how it was made! Just appreciate it for what it is! :D
Chris, I have kept a list of all recipes I have posted here. Like for example, as of 9-18-24 I have posted 97 chicken recipes. and one of them has had 8K viewers. Almost all of them have had over 1K viewers. They were looking at RECIPES that I posted, not pictures.

One could look at the number of threads and messages in the photo gallery forum compared to those in the recipe forums and surmise pictures get much more reaction. Personally, I prefer to see pictures of everyone’s cooks as it gives me ideas and thoughts on how I might have done it differently, or how I’ve been doing something wrong. There’s a plethora of places to get recipes from. I use this site, and it’s a great site, to learn more about methods and techniques rather than recipes. Just my two cents. I’m a frequent reader, but don’t post a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back