Diet Dr Pepper and Cream Soda = Fail

I saw the DDP in the store and wondered, "Why?"

For my money, Diet Dr. Pepper is about the best diet soda (or as they say down in The Flatland, "pop") out there. DP Ten is even better.

I've been drinking DDP for over 20 years after Pepsi pulled Pepsi Light (blue can) which was lemon flavored. I did try DDP-Cherry, but it didn't work for me. Why mess with something that works. When I was younger I liked Moxie until the "new, improved formula" appeared and ruined it IMHO. I buy DDP in 2L bottles when on sale. I keep a rotating stock based on best by dates.

I gave up soda (among other things) about 1.5 years ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes. However, on the rare occasion when I'm eating out, I will have a Diet Dr. Pepper. I agree, it's probably the best one of the diet sodas.

Chris, thanks for taking one for the team. DDP/Creme Soda sounds good in theory.

Not to get too far off-topic, but Canada Dry has a new Bold ginger ale and it's pretty good. Definitely spicier than the original.

Nothing like JD & Vernor's.
Southern Comfort and ginger ale used to work for me, but I still swear that the SC formula changed at some point...

Back