Deciding between Weber master touch, performer or summit E6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share a link to the facebook group? Don't know if that's allowed here :rolleyes:. On the idea of making Pizza on the E6 I am still not sure it will match my expectations. All the pizza I see made on the E6 looks ok like the image I attached. But for the price of the E6 I could get a Performer and an ooni and still have 200 left for fuel and steaks.
If the summit can make pizza as good as the ooni then I would prefer to have just one grill/oven but I haven't been able to find a video or review about the summit making pizzas that nice.
The group I’m in is “Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling”. I see a lot of people take the Weber riser shelf and put a stone on top of that.

As far as getting going, really no different than a kettle. You can get the SnS Low Profile made for the Kamado again and I have a GrillBlazer Grill Gun and a fan setup. I’ve actually been smoking in 20-30 minutes using the Griil Gun to light 6-8 coals and tossing them in the SnS and filling the rest with unlit. Hot n Fast, use a chimney and same as kettle. 20ish minutes. If I use the ignitor in Kamado mode it‘s 45-60. Sometimes I do that if I’m not in a hurry or have a lot of prep work to do while it’s getting going.

First off welcome to our little addiction, I have never used or been around a E6 but would love to see how it cooks and handles cold weather,etc. But i do have 2 performers that I do love and can do about any kind of cook you can think of.
So I have to say any type of performer.

First off welcome to our little addiction, I have never used or been around a E6 but would love to see how it cooks and handles cold weather,etc. But i do have 2 performers that I do love and can do about any kind of cook you can think of.
So I have to say any type of performer.

Ran my summit in the middle of a snowstorm with 20 degree outside temps and up to 50mph gusts. held temps really stably and didn't use much fuel at all. This was how much coal was left over after a 10hr cook. The chamber was probably only about 1/2 to 3/4 full when I started - didn't fill it up to the top.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.jpeg
    IMG_4061.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 12
If you have the money, get the Summit. I've had both the Performer and Summit and the Summit is that much better. That being said, you can't go wrong with the Performer either, but the Summit is better in every facet.
I probably watched too many videos. Do you think it smokes as well as a WSM?

My wife was fully supportive of the E6. Maybe upgrade the wife along with the grill 🤣🤣🤣

Who wouldn’t want to eat good food? My wife loves what I cook. And on the E6.
My wife was the same way about our E6. She decided it was money well spent when the food starting coming out of it!

(Always remember: people find it difficult to complain when their mouths are full.)

Last edited:
I sold a 22" WSM and an old 22" MT to make space for the E6.
The WSM was too big for our empty nest and I did all the small scale low and slow on my MT Premium, or the UDS for bigger cooks.

20-30 mins to get the E6 running steadily. I'd say I'm still learning and have to keep reminding myself how fuel efficient it is. It doesn't need as much lit fuel as the MT to reach target temp.

Summit Kamado E6 is my 'go to' kit. Direct, Indirect and smoking
MT for rotisserie and plancha
Weber Traveler if I'm in a real hurry to grill something, but rarely gets used. Might sell it.
Holding onto the UDS for time being. Always amazes me how it holds steady temp for hours.

Last edited:
I unintentionally took my woman into our local BBQ store and would always go over to the Summit and just stare and check it out and make some comment about I need one of these.

So around my birthday she comments about charcoal and I needed some so we went in. And as always my first stop was the Summit.....and it had a Sold tag on it. I was sad.

But then I got thinking on my feet....she seemed odd. More odd than normal🤣 Different walking into the store. The sales lady followed and darn near led....and it clicked! “why did you buy that? It’s too much. I was going to.....” A ride from sad to happy I’m seconds.

So, happy birthday to me. About, geez already almost two years ago.

Most of my pork butts take 10-14 hours, My Performer with gas lighting will be the last cooker to leave my home. You can do it all with a kettle and a 26' performer would be great if they made 1. I'm sure the E6 is great just cant justify that much and me with a performer already.

Most of my pork butts take 10-14 hours, My Performer with gas lighting will be the last cooker to leave my home. You can do it all with a kettle and a 26' performer would be great if they made 1. I'm sure the E6 is great just cant justify that much and me with a performer already.

Cooked on a performer for years and gave it to my FIL when I got my Summit and he loves it too. Glad my old Performer is still rocking and found a home. Plus I still get to use it when I visit every now and then.

Every time I see a Summit Charcoal in person it's a little mesmerizing. But, the cost always kills it for me. I have a '99 redhead SSP and it's my workhorse. Combine it with my 14.5 WSM, Q1200, Jumbo Joe, (2) Smokey Joes, Gas Go Anywhere, and Charcoal Go Anywhere I can cook anything and everything, pretty much anywhere in country I happen to be. And, even if I add up everything spent on those grills and accessories I'm maybe at half of what a gas assist Summit is going to run me.

Unless you have unlimited budget, the gas assist Performer is the best single grill you can own, in my opinion. The gas assist gets the coals going easily and quickly and it's such a versatile grill to cook from searing to low and slow and everything in between. And, when you consider the very full array of accessories available for the 22" kettle format, it's tough to justify the extra cost for the Summit, for me anyway. But, if I had the dough I'd own a Summit too, just sayin. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back