Dear Ann Landers

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
My wife brought Budweiser (AKA "Clydesdale whiz") into our house tonight. Not only is it not brewed in Wisconsin, it's forever linked to the HATED St. Louis Cardinals. And to make matters worse, she chose it over Pabst Blue Ribbon (no longer brewed in Milwaukee, I know, but the history can't be overlooked).

Do I file for divorce or give her a second chance? She can have the house, the dog and my 401K as long as I get to keep the Webers and the Lawn Boys.

;)

I can't believe you're even asking :D If it was me she'd be gone. Don't understand how anyone can drink Clydesdale pee anyway

Dear Mr Olson,
I'm sorry to tell you that it is you with issues, not your wife.
Hate is such an ugly word to use against a wonderful team like the St Louis Cardinals.
Maybe it's time to get over the 1982 Suds Series, at least your team took it to game 7 before they choked.
Furthermore, Clydesdale whiz is free of corn syrup, so there's that going for it.

Sincerely,
Ann

I've met your wife. She's a sweet lady, and frankly you scored someone WAAAY above your pay grade. 😂 So forgive her this one indiscretion and kindly but firmly remind her that next time, it's to be Miller or Leinenkugel or some of that tasty stuff you gave me in AZ.

My wife brought Budweiser (AKA "Clydesdale whiz") into our house tonight. Not only is it not brewed in Wisconsin, it's forever linked to the HATED St. Louis Cardinals.

And also the ever popular ( around your area ) Cubs.:p

I remember when there was no Bud to be found in that park. And the Old Style Roof was on that house across the street. Of course I also remember seeing Chuck Connors play there as well before he was the Rifle Man. Yeah I'm a little on the older side LOL

Dear Mr Olson,
I'm sorry to tell you that it is you with issues, not your wife.
Hate is such an ugly word to use against a wonderful team like the St Louis Cardinals.
Maybe it's time to get over the 1982 Suds Series, at least your team took it to game 7 before they choked.
Furthermore, Clydesdale whiz is free of corn syrup, so there's that going for it.

Sincerely,
Ann
Ann, I published your response and polled my readers. By a huge margin they agree with you and some were horrified at the strong negativity your reader displayed towards an historic American sports institution.

Abby :)

Last edited:

Back