Daughter wants Chicken Wings.. HELP!

Geoff,
The color on those look so good. I have more wings to do tomorrow, I am going to try to take some photos this time.
After many years posting on this Forum I have yet to post a photo due to my technical ignorance, so, I will like to hear how you went-about-it in posting your photos in the near future.

Get that WSM going! All those posting that you can't get good wings on a WSM are NUTS! Take out the water pan and get the fire hot! I've cooked probably close to a 1,000 batches of wings on my mini-wsms and WSM 14.5 over the years. High temp smoke will get you excellent results every time.

If you really want to step up the game and move into big boy chicken make some lollipops! Best kid pleaser out there.

49937520103_927591fe9b_c.jpg

My vortex is on the way but here is my wsm smoked wings from last weekend. Simple brine overnight and then cajun dry rub. Smoked for 1.5 hours or so. Came out really good.

Attachments

• 20200703_095736.jpg
    20200703_095736.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 6
After many years posting on this Forum I have yet to post a photo due to my technical ignorance, so, I will like to hear how you went-about-it in posting your photos in the near future.
Richard,
When you go to create your next post look at the toolbar across the top of the post box. Look for the square that has what looks like the sun and mountains in it. Click on that icon. Then click on the center of the box that says (Or Click Here) and then choose your photo that is saved to your phone or computer and upload it. My experience is that it has been extremely easy to upload photos. Some oldheads have spoken of it being more difficult in the past, but now it is pretty easy. If you have any other troubles either send me a personal message or just respond in this thread, I really want to see your great cooks from down in Costa Rica!

Richard,
When you go to create your next post look at the toolbar across the top of the post box. Look for the square that has what looks like the sun and mountains in it. Click on that icon. Then click on the center of the box that says (Or Click Here) and then choose your photo that is saved to your phone or computer and upload it. My experience is that it has been extremely easy to upload photos. Some oldheads have spoken of it being more difficult in the past, but now it is pretty easy. If you have any other troubles either send me a personal message or just respond in this thread, I really want to see your great cooks from down in Costa Rica!
Mike: "Muncho Thanx!"

Vortex arrived today so had to throw a quick batch of wings on. Oh man were they amazing. Quick Oakridge rub followed by Franks red at the end.

Attachments

• 20200710_171607.jpg
    20200710_171607.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200710_163827.jpg
    20200710_163827.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200710_171325.jpg
    20200710_171325.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 4

Back