Curry Chicken

Interesting, I made a batch of curry yesterday for family dinner on Saturday.
My recipe came from a big tin of Malaysian curry powder almost forty years ago, maybe more. I serve it with rice and as many interesting condiments as I can find. Mango chutney, sliced banana, diced peppers, chopped nuts, coconut, pepitas, diced dried apricot, all that kind of thing.

Interesting, I made a batch of curry yesterday for family dinner on Saturday.
My recipe came from a big tin of Malaysian curry powder almost forty years ago, maybe more. I serve it with rice and as many interesting condiments as I can find. Mango chutney, sliced banana, diced peppers, chopped nuts, coconut, pepitas, diced dried kkind of thing.
We must be related. I made rice yesterday but by the time the recipe was done, so was the rice.
Today I made chicken in a symphony style. (Got the recipe from a symphony member)
Chicken, mandarin oranges, slices of banana, chutney, o.j., cin, garlic, butter, nutmeg, curry, raisins...
And I made a lot of rice this time

Attachments

• 20220113_185949.jpg
    20220113_185949.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 6
The curry needed to be brightened a bit. Lemon did not help. Wish I knew the answer. But it was better than most things i eat, home or out.

Last edited:
I have a hard time with cooked sliced bananas, they remind me of dried sliced ones. They look like cross sections of cat butts, I can’t eat them!
that recipe looks interesting but, I don’t quite get it.
I make the curry and put that on the bed of rice, and use the nuts, fruit, chutney on top, that way they are very fresh and they cool the spiciness just a touch, when you cook the fruit the acid cooks off
If I remember I’ll try to post a picture, don’t hold your breath.

Here is the condiment lay out for tonight.DCF7235D-CB81-4F5E-B8CE-822B54808B7B.jpeg

92767F6E-EE6E-4CBE-8992-345019CDC99D.jpeg
shredded coconut, diced apricot, diced mango, pepitas, peanuts, diced peppers, banana, chutney, diced ginger.
The curry is reheating in the oven, I’ll make rice and green beans shortly.
Dinner turned out very nicely!

Last edited:
That looks great Tony. We make curry about once a month in our house. If my wife had her way we would have Asian food every night for dinner.

Back